S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Alright..... this car is GOOD.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-1999, 07:28 AM
Conker

Default Alright..... this car is GOOD.

I was forced to outrun a Boxster last night... I think he was caught offguard. It must suck to get outrun by a four-door. Granted, the Boxster is sexier, and handles better, but the girlfriend in his passenger seat probably wasn't thinking about that. She was probably thinking, "push the gas pedal harder, honey!!! He's winning!" Okay, so we didn't actually test any limits, but it was a fun quick run. I also had an opportunity to test the brakes out yesterday. I had gotten it up to a good speed on the highway, and laid into them and slowed down to about 55... car stayed very strait and decelerated great. No wandering left and right like my A4. Or, at least not near as much. Shifter is still long. I wish the springs that offer resistance when you go into the left or right gate (1st, 2nd=left...5th,6th=right) were stiffer. I accidentally pulled down on second yesterday instead of fourth. Ouch, be careful. Maybe I'm just rusty since my A4 was a Tip. My sunroof acted up already. I asked it to close, and it just sat there in the fully open position. I had to move the switch and then it closed. Anyone else? The car seems to handle about the same as my 1.8T Sport, but the tires aren't as good as the SP8000's, and the ride seems much SMOOTHER. Usually smoother equals softer and more roll, but this S4 SEEMS smoother without much compromise in handling over the Sport 1.8. What do I know. I just wanted to ramble about how much I love the car. A LOT OF GEARS.
Conker 00S4
Old 09-24-1999, 07:41 AM
Scot McKay

Boxster sexier? That shovel-headed looking thing?
Old 09-24-1999, 07:58 AM
CraigL

Default Conker, my sunroof did the same thing to me..(more)

It seems if you turn the dial very fast, it doesn't work. This looks like a design flaw..

The controls for the sunroof aren't very heavy-duty. I almost want to use the "c" word that rhymes with "sheep."

-Craig
'00 S4
Old 09-25-1999, 07:22 PM
Fried

Default Hey! Watch it...

d