AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/)
-   -   Any D/FW S4 owners here? Question for ya (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/any-d-fw-s4-owners-here-question-ya-1367910/)

AustinPOTF 11-11-1999 09:52 AM

Any D/FW S4 owners here? Question for ya

I'm looking at the S4 for my wife and want to know what the "identify and challenge" story is like in D/FW. Although I would be driving it every available second, the last thing I want is some jackjaw, a-hole giving her BS and trying to race during her commute. Have performance drivers in the area ID'd your vehicle and challenged you to push it? Are they even aware of it's existence? My first choice right now is the ultra-stealthy Silver/Silver. Any thoughts?

thanks in advance

KING OF ALL S4's 11-11-1999 10:05 AM

DO YOU MISTRUST YOUR WIFE THIS MUCH?

AUSTIN POWERS,
CALL BASIL AND HAVE HIM ENROLL YOUR WIFE IN A DRIVING SCHOOL. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU DO NOT TRUST HER DRIVING THE SWINGER MOBILE. WHAT KIND OF UNTRUSTING DUDE ARE YOU ANYWAY. AFRAID DOCTOR EVIL MAY PULL UP BESIDE HER AND CHALLENGE HER TO RACE? AFRAID SHE HAS NO SELF CONTROL TO SHY AWAY FROM THE CHALLENGE? MAYBE YOUR MOJO HASN'T RETURNED INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY.

Ymurakami 11-11-1999 10:08 AM

To Be Blunt

Austin,
The car is noticeable but no more so than an M3. As for challenges, I am a little confused. It is not like this car is a Ferrari, Porsche, or Viper. For God's sake, it is sports sedan not a sports car. I do agree with the person who posted before, that if you are that nervous about her driving, then enroll her into a driving school immediately!

loreon 11-11-1999 10:29 AM

I've got to object here guys....

...I've heard of enrolling your dog in obedience school. Enrolling your kids into day care. But enrolling your wife into driving school??! Far be it from me to point out the obvious, but in most countries where driving schools exist wives tend to be in the age of majority groups and therefore are able to make decisions about whether or not they wish to enroll THEMSELVES into driving schools....let alone choose a make/model of car for themselves....

I'm not trying to be PC, it just grates on my nerves when people talk about their spouse as if they were not capable of making rudamentary decisions.

... And that goes for the original post.... if your wife likes to race and she's good at it then more power to her. If she does not race and is not tempted to trounce every mustang she sees then I doubt she'd take up the challenge even if she bought herself a ferrari. Grow up.

AustinPOTF 11-11-1999 10:33 AM

Umm, maybe I'm missing something...

How does one get the impression that I don't trust my wife's driving. I'm looking out for her SAFETY and don't trust a lot of the jagoffs in this part of the state. Douchebags lose it every day here, and the last thing I want is one of them putting her in a precarious situation because of an unneccessary show of speed.

Are ALL of the stories I've read so far about Mustang this and BMW that trying to antagonize the S4 drivers just a load of horsesh*t? If so, then forget I asked.

Ymurakami 11-11-1999 10:35 AM

Which was my point.

My point was, this guy sounds like he is worried about his wife's driving ability. If that is a valid concern, she should go to driving school. However, I should have made more clear, that I am also surprised at the tone of the original post. Whether his wife drives a Hyundai or a Lamborghini, it won't make a difference. She will race if she wants to race. It is not something, this dude can control.

Brent 11-11-1999 10:37 AM

To answer your question...

In 4200 miles, I have had 2 "thumbs ups" from two different Chevy Camaros, and a lady in a blue M3 with a baby in a baby seat who tried to pick a race with me, I refused the race under said conditions.

Every other speed-based event in this car was pretty much instigated by myself. You have to openly volunteer into stoplight events.

If that is too much, some people have documented on how to debadge the car, I'm sure a 1.8t owner would love to trade badges with you.

I fully understand your concern, I would -not- want my wife cruising in a yellow M3. Having been there myself, I can tell you it is an absolute achievment to get home from work just once without being challenged/cut off/revved against/brighted/etc. Certainly not the safest environment for my family.

Brent
silver/silver - maximum stealth

KING OF ALL S4's 11-11-1999 10:39 AM

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO REMEMBER YOUR WIFE IS AN ADULT

A SENTIENT BEING CAPABLE OF THOUGHT AND DECISIONS. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY, SEND HER TO DRIVING SCHOOL IF YOU ARE SO AFRAID. I AM MORE AFRAID OF YOUR DRIVING THAN HERS! :)

KING OF ALL S4's 11-11-1999 10:43 AM

JUST GET THE CAR IN A DARK COLOR LIKE BLACK OR SANTORIN

PEOPLE WILL HAVE NO IDEA OR WILL CARE WHAT YOU ARE DRIVING! THEY WILL THINK IT IS A WIMPY 2.8 or A6. BY THE WAY, THIS BRENT FELLOW OBVIOUSLY HAS AN OVERLY ACTIVE IMAGINATION AS TO HOW VISIBLE HE IS! MUST BE TOO MUCH MOJO! THE OPPOSITE OF YOUR PROBLEM! :)

KevinH 11-11-1999 10:58 AM

Hey Mr. Powers stop SHOUTING, it hearts my "ears" to read your posts!

Turn the caps lock off, baby, be considerate of our fragile ears/eyes.
Minime