AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/)
-   -   Anyone have any info on the new 6 speed manual tranny version of the Acura TL Type S??? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/anyone-have-any-info-new-6-speed-manual-tranny-version-acura-tl-type-s-1396961/)

rao 05-11-2001 08:46 AM

Anyone have any info on the new 6 speed manual tranny version of the Acura TL Type S???

I read a blurb about it in Autoweek, but I would like to know more.

I am interested in it because it may give a stock S4 a run for it's money. (moderators - is that better?)

Vtec_Killer 05-11-2001 08:52 AM

Just read about it on the Acura board. I think it's just a rumor for now.

NASA racer 05-11-2001 08:55 AM

they're toast....

Acura has shown that it's so slow-witted and un-responsive to the market that by the time they actually come to market with anything, upstarts like Nissan will have blown them into the weeds.

"nice coupe" says the Z owner as he blows the doors of a CL-S

"nice boat" says the 270hp Maxima owner as he blows the doors off a TL-S

"nice try" says the Sentra owner as he easily paces an RS-X

I've had it with Acura/Honda and their reliance on following behind with underpowered and 0 torque cars that have no brakes and don't handle.

They have made some AMAZING cars and are moving further and further away from that in search of the Ford Taurus...puke.

BlueDream 05-11-2001 08:55 AM

stick or auto that car hasn't got a chance.

I had a CL in my other life before I got my S4. Unless you have had to drive one of those squeaking ill handling rattle traps you don't know what automotive hell is!

Justin T 05-11-2001 08:58 AM

Ouch. Tell us how you really feel. :)

LCP 05-11-2001 09:04 AM

"in search of the Ford Taurus" - LOL

NASA racer 05-11-2001 09:04 AM

I know...its so frustrating because...

I was a dyed in the wool Honda customer...I've owned 6 new hondas as well as the race car. Those cars got worse and worse both in performance AND quality...the Civic went from the most technology and potential you could buy anywhere NEAR its price to a class-worst in power and generally meager performance. Read a comparison between the Sentra, Civic, Corolla, Ford Focus and the Mazda econo car and see how poorly Civic rates now.

The Accord V6 Coupe I had (for less than a year) is the direct cousin of the CL-S and was a pile of s**t...revvy 0 torque V6 and the WORST brakes and handling I've ever experienced even in a Honda. Seriously, I had a 4-cylinder Odyssey that out-handled the Accord.

When I heard a 260hp CL-S was coming out I thought...AHA! Its this car done right! WRONG...it isn't even worthy of comparing itself to the cars it claims are its "competition".

Read R&T carefully and the vaunted Civic Si has the WORST BRAKES of any of the cars they tested...you know why it doesn't have ABS? Because the brakes fade away to 0 LONG before they would lock so whats the point?

Honda had their day when they made kick-ass inexpensive cars (LOVED my CRX Si's) but that day is over.

frank 05-11-2001 09:07 AM

So you guys are saying he should get one, then? :-)

JESUS!

don't beat around the bush

tell it to him straight!

:-)

LOL

RogDog 05-11-2001 09:08 AM

Yup, I still miss my '89 CRX Si. That was a fun little car.

Justin T 05-11-2001 09:24 AM

True. Wasn't the NSX in the mid $40s when it came out in 90 as a 91? Now its over 90K & for what?