S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Anyone know if the windshield sprayer nozzle from a B5 Passat will fit our car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know if the windshield sprayer nozzle from a B5 Passat will fit our car?

It fits in the same location as a B5 S4 and sprays a nice mist over the entire windsheild instead of the twin streams that shoot out of our nozzles.

TIA
Old 02-07-2005, 10:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

let us know! i'm tired of always having to re-aim mine!
Old 02-08-2005, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

^^ 2nd that ^^
Old 02-08-2005, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have a B5 Passat, and the nozzles are a different style (as you well know), but IIRC they are

attached in a different way. I can check them later tonight as I do not drive the Passat. I don't like them for the reason that they are square in shape and are always snagging my microfiber wash mitt when I am cleaning the back edge of the hood. Maybe someone will give you a definitive answer before then, but I will check tonight and post what I find out.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

you use a microfiber wash mit? yikes. i'm picturing gravel being dragged through your paint!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:06 AM

Default What is the best thing to use as a wash mitt, then? I used to use the lambswool type but the

microfiber one seems to scratch less than the wool type. Also, I use one mitt for the body "above the belt line" and another dedicated one for paint "below the belt line". I then use a third one for wheels only, and I am very **** about washing from the top down after I have thoroughly rinsed any loose debris from the paint.

Is there a better, safer (less scratch-prone method)? Thanks for any advice you can give; I was under the impression that I was doing the proper thing here...
Old 02-08-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Also, realize that this mitt is a microfiber chenille (big thick loops of m.f.), so it is very soft

and fluffy - not a thin microfiber towel (those are for drying or wax removal and glass cleaning).
Old 02-08-2005, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default it's all personal pref. but i like the lambs wool as it has such deep pile

people say that any debris ends up deep in the pile and away from the paint. microfiber doens't have much room.

and yeah. always do the multiple mit thing.

these are impressions i've gotten over years of reading and doing. and especially recently in the detailing forum. go read around in there and make your own mind up. if you are thinking about it at all you are worlds ahead of most owners and still ahead of a lot of people on here i'd say (ducks and runs)

i haven't WASHED my car in prolly 4 weeks. :-(
i was going to durinng lunch today as it's about 35*f but it's raining. waaaaaaa
Old 02-08-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Thanks! I'm still in the evaluation period on these mitts, but they are seriously thick so I think

they will be fine; at least equal to the lambs wool. This weather is killing me too - too cold to wash and I refuse to go through an automatic car wash!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ok. i didn't know they made those. it's still plastic rubbing on your car. i'd like to see a

close up image of a micro fiber vs a fiber of lambs wool.

i think it's a toss up at this point. :-)

Quick Reply: Anyone know if the windshield sprayer nozzle from a B5 Passat will fit our car?