S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Attn: SUV - re your Shine Racing suspension

Old 11-28-2006, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: SUV - re your Shine Racing suspension

I'm thinking about switching from my Stasis Streetsport to an SRS suspension (I had one on my VR6 Corrado and really liked it - although it was too high).

Anyway, I was looking at your photos in this other thread and really like the look. It definately looks lower than stock, but I can't tell if it's just because the wheel gap is less noticeable on a darker car.

Can you do me a favor and provide a measurement from the center of your wheel to the fender lip for the front and back of your car? I'd like to compare it to my Stasis setup.

If anyone is in the market for a used Stasis Streetsport, please let me know. It's probably only got about 5-7k miles on it (I have a very short commute).<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2449347.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2449347.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 11-28-2006, 12:45 PM
LJH
AudiWorld Member

Default Ditto!!!!!

Something I am interested in as well. Have talked with Jim at Shine a couple times and have not really gotten a conclusive answer on ride height. I do not want my car slammed by any means but I would like to lose .5-.75" in ride height (yes I know form follows function). Shine really seems to know how to make VW's handle, back when I was doing a lot of Auto-X Shine was the way to go if you had a VW.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 11-28-2006, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default im so weary to upgrade my suspension for much of the same reasons SUV was...

first of all, SRS is local for me, and i have been there numerous times- my best bud has their custom setup on his B5 A4 and loves it, although the car isnt even as low as the B5 A4 celebration package car... this bothers me a great deal. SRS is notorious for their practical approach to cars, but if upgrading suspension, for me atleast, wheel gap needs to be addressed. I guess my point is that SRS's approach is admirable as these cars are capable on multiple fronts and they seek to maintain that capability - but i cant seem to accept purchasing a suspension that, while practical, doesn't satisfy the aesthetics. Secondly, I obviously have driven my friends A4 with the SRS setup and cant say that i was amazed...I cant comment on the s4 package but i should assume its relative. Tell me what i am missing about this whole picture, b/c obviously i want to make some suspension upgrade which not only maintains but enhances the cars initial abilites but also satisfies the issue of aesthetics (wheel gaps the size of redwoods). Just looking for discussion and others opinions.