S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Black S4 on I90 west bound in WA, you here? I was the Imola that got pulled over! :P

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2000, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black S4 on I90 west bound in WA, you here? I was the Imola that got pulled over! :P

Sigh...2nd ticket in a month...My driving record was so much better before the Imola Baby...

He asked me how fast I was going, I was like "er...seventy...five?"

cop: "sir, the only reason I am giving you the 75 was because my laser couldn't pick you up when you were farther away, going way faster than 75. I'm also not going to write you up on a wreckless driving charge since you weren't signaling while changing lanes. Oh, and you need to have front plates sir."

great, ticket for 75+ in a 60 zone, and no front plates. I AIN'T putting on front plates, dang it! Not gonna drill some holes into my Imola Baby.

BTW, do cops get pissed when they are called to court about some dood they KNOW committed a violation but is fighting the ticket anyways? I mean, would they get pissed enough that they'll start singling you out on the road and stuff?<p>Kabo

'00 Imola/Onyx 6sp manual
UUC Short Shifter (40%)
Old 09-01-2000, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I wouldn't worry about cop getting pissed off...

They write so many tickets that unless you were a complete ***, he won't even remember you. Furthermore, I would think they expect almost everyone to fight tickets...it's pretty much the only way to fight a ticket, and, I don't personally know anybody that wouldn't fight it.
Old 09-01-2000, 01:32 PM

Default My experience trying to fight a ticket in Northern VA (more)

Everyone told me "Got to court. At the very least, they'll definitely reduce the fine". So I go to court, listen while all these serious offenders get a chance to speak before the judge. When it gets to my turn I'm thinking "This shouldn't be so bad...I was only doing 43 in a 25 zone (obvious speed trap), and I have no previous offenses". The judge calls my name, but instead of asking me politely if I would like to say anything, he yells "WHY WERE YOU GOING SO FAST!!!!!!" I explain that I was in an unfamiliar neighborhood and didn't know the limit. He says, "GUILTY. PAY THE FULL FINE NEXT DOOR!!!" So I think the moral of the story is, the court doesn't like when you waste their time trying to get out of a ticket. They have plenty of serious offenders that are required to make a court appearance to deal with. It's not the cop that gets pissed, it's the judge!
Old 09-01-2000, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What kind of 'serious offenders' were in traffic court? Where I'm from...

(Toronto) all serious offenses are not traffic offenses, they're criminal offenses i.e. impaired, dangerous, wreckless & careless driving.

Traffic court here is for speeding, parking tickets, moving violations etc.

Just curious.
Old 09-01-2000, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's 'cuz you gave the wrong answer. You just admitted you were doing...

43, so of course you're guilty. The proper thing to say is along the lines of "To the best of my knowledge I was not traveling at that speed. The equipemnt used by the office was faulty/another vehicle was in my 'radar' shadow/". Then continue with other plausible reasons and if he finds you guilty, appeal so that you get to cross examine the cop.
Old 09-01-2000, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default WA State Patrol got me for no front plate too (m)

I think initial fine was $80 - $100, but this would be waived if I installed within a week (State Patrol has to inspect to verify). But, here's the kicker: if plate isn't installed the fine increases for subsequent violations--doubles each time I was told. Who knows this may be bull****, but I decided that if the front plate is such a big f***g deal to the WSP, the last thing I need is another reason to be a target. So, I put on the plate and saved the fine--hate to conform, but apparently the WSP has nothing better to do--good to see our tax dollars at work.........Good luck.
Old 09-01-2000, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Exactly!!!

<p>-jeff a
'00 S4 Silver/Onyx
Old 09-01-2000, 02:45 PM
Stätus Josh

Default From the sounds of it, you should be able to get this one off

Call up Bill Shaw and send him a copy of your ticket... If you need his info let me know. he is working on a ticket case for me right now.
Old 09-01-2000, 03:54 PM

Default Bill Shaw

Actually I'm on track for my first ticket with Bill already. He sent me a letter telling me what our strategy will be for my first ticket, I'd have to say I'm not so sure about his thoughts right now. Basically, he wants to challege the validity of the "laser" units themselves in establishing actualy speed, since that is the only evidence that I was speeding. But, c'mon, Doppler technology has been around for a LONG time, I'm not sure if the Judge will buy the theory that the laser and radar units the cops use actually don't measure well enough. But we'll see.<p>Kabo

UUC Short Shifter (40%)
Old 09-01-2000, 03:57 PM

Default pissed off judges

Yeah a co-worker told me that he's sat in lots of hearings before, and usually those who want to fight tickets just get yelled at by the judge, or just laughed at by the judge, before getting the "GUILTY!" stamped on their foreheads. >_< oh well at least I'll get to see the judicial system at work...:P<p>Kabo

UUC Short Shifter (40%)

Quick Reply: Black S4 on I90 west bound in WA, you here? I was the Imola that got pulled over! :P