S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Buying S4 Avant in DC area - Dealer Advice

Old 10-11-2000, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying S4 Avant in DC area - Dealer Advice

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with the dealers in the DC/VA/MD area? I'm going to buy a S4 Avant and want to put my deposit down soon. Advice is much appreciated.

thanks
Old 10-11-2000, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Buying S4 Avant in DC area - Dealer Advice

I bought mine from HBL in Tysons Corner. The dealer I dealt with was Joseph Bonomolo. He was great. I haven't had any issues with anything, and you have your own service tech. When you bring in your car, you get a free loaner and all questions have been answered. Now that is my opinion and Joe was great. Others might have their own opinions but that is my experience and look forward to dealing with them in the future. If you want his info, go ahead and e-mail me and I will pass it on.
Old 10-11-2000, 09:07 AM

I bought mine from HBL in Tysons Corner. The dealer I dealt with was Joseph Bonomolo. He was great. I haven't had any issues with anything, and you have your own service tech. When you bring in your car, you get a free loaner and all questions have been answered. Now that is my opinion and Joe was great. Others might have their own opinions but that is my experience and look forward to dealing with them in the future. If you want his info, go ahead and e-mail me and I will pass it on.
Old 10-11-2000, 09:38 AM

You might try Tischer, I went all the way to Lancaster PA to buy mine, They are fair have good service (with loaner)and I didn't get a run around like I did in MD and VA. Ask for Jay Miller, He will deliver the car to you if you want. They are also a large volume dealer with big allocation.
Old 10-11-2000, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I've bought two Audi's from Heishman's...

Both from Mike Maurer. Walter Rinehart and Bob McElwee are also well liked by Audi fans. Heishmans also has a good service dept and sponsors the local Quattro Club chapter.

There are lots of horror stories about HBL. Glad L8BRAKR's experience was good, but if you search the archives you'll find a lot of unhappy customers. I bought my first Audi from them, but Heishmans has my business now.
Old 10-11-2000, 11:49 AM

Rockville Audi...Good service, good loaners..fair deals
Old 10-11-2000, 12:42 PM

I've purchased two from HBL, an A6 Avant and an S4. I initially went to HBL to look, intending to buy at Heishman which is closer to me, but was sold on HBL by the treatment I received. Danny Mahzer was my salesman and I was thoroughly happy with both deals - I would recommend Danny unconditionally.
Old 10-11-2000, 04:59 PM

I would avoid Tischer. I will go into details in email if you want but I will never buy another car from that group again. There are plenty of other dealers around and I should have looked around more. Live and Learn.
Old 10-11-2000, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have had mixed emotions about HBL, where I purchased my Audi. The dealer was great, the service rep is great...but he's not the one who works on your car. Unless you like your car dirtier than you gave it to them and only 3/4 of your problems fixed, I would try somewhere else.
Old 10-11-2000, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Criswell in Annapolis, MD - I'm happy with the whole experience and their service

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying S4 Avant in DC area - Dealer Advice