S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Canadian S4: Good News(maybe)/Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-1999, 08:42 AM
Loreon

Default Canadian S4: Good News(maybe)/Bad News

I hate to drag this tired subject out again, but...

Just got off the phone with AoA regarding xenons on Canadian issue S4.

The good news is that they will have xenons.

The bad news is that they may not be released from port until october or november.

When I asked the AoA rep (Cheryl, 1-800-822-2834, option 3) to confirm this by sending me a fax or email showing that the xenons were stock on these cars she declined because she got the info verbally from somebody else in the organization (can you say, somewhat dubious?!) It took me over a week and repeated phone calls with request for update to get this much. Not entirely sure they told me what I wanted to hear just to be rid of me ...

As for the late release dates to the dealerships, I am hoping that she is wrong but it sure seems in the realm of possibilities that she is correct.
The wheels of Canada Transport and Customs do turn excruciatingly slow.
Old 09-15-1999, 01:06 PM
Scott W

I'll take the bad with the good in this case!! After 45 weeks, what's another 8? :-)
Old 09-15-1999, 01:08 PM
JFR

Default No Xenon confirm By VW/Audi Canada!

I don't want to disapointed you but a week ago I send a letter of complaint to Audi USA about the fact that the Canadain versions was not coming with Xenon and foglight on the grill.And also complained about hte fact that they don't give a release date.

Got a phone back at 2pm this afternoon from Audi Client Relation.

The anwsers are:

No Xenon and foglight on grill on S4 2000 mainly due to Transport Canada bumper regulation.

Delivery starting Monday morning for all model 2000.

If you want to double check this Call Jocelyne Trudeau, VW/Audi Client relation , (514) 331-0847

JFR
S4 00"
Old 09-15-1999, 01:17 PM
Scott W

I'll ignore your post.
Old 09-15-1999, 01:30 PM
JFR

You can ignore it you want but that's reality, Sorry
Old 09-16-1999, 04:57 AM
Scott W

I'm in denial! ;-)
Old 09-16-1999, 05:45 AM
loreon

Default If you stop and think for a minute.....

... you will realize that this excuse is horse****. If I were you, I'd interrogate Ms. Trudeau a little bit more about where she got her info.

Why? Because the A4 MY2000 has xenons as a $750 option. Also, because fogs in the bottom grill don't make a damn bit of difference to the bumper (they are underneath it).

I know that they've been spewing the same lame line for the past month or so about the xenons. The only obvious explanation for the info you received is that Jocelyne is regurgitating out of date material and doing absolutely zero research.

The only logical reasons (IMHO) for the missing xenons will be that Audi pulled the zenons to improve the margin without increasing the MSRP. We are, afterall, getting the winter package standard on these cars. Maybe Audi thinks that we'll buy that swap as a fair trade.

Then again, I just may be in denial like Scott W.