S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Be careful buying anything from Timothy Sias (long rant)...

Old 09-18-2007, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be careful buying anything from Timothy Sias (long rant)...

I used paypal on 8/24 and put the money in his account. He said he would get the brake pads right out. I waited about a week and asked for tracking information and three days later he responds with, as soon as I get home from work I will get the information. Two more days have past so, I sent him another email asking him to reply in a timely manor and he replies he would get back in 24hrs. That was the last email from the guy 9/11 and the pads showed up yesterday with a shipping date of 9/12. All this time he was just feeding me a bunch of BS about shipping. On the positive side the pads look to be as he described.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm. I thought I bought some stuff from him. Can't recall though. Glad you got the parts
Old 09-18-2007, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

does he have a B6?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think he only has B5 stuff.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:18 AM

Default hey bud, thats me, sorry for the delay, >>>

sorry again for the delays, i wasnt feeding you lines of BS there were quite a few boxes of parts that were supposed to ship to many people about the same time, i work on the road and they were supposed to ship right around when i left for a long trip, they actually ended up sitting in the shipping dept / warehouse at the office for too long because there was no PO or invoice on them, and the warehouse guys didnt wanna be the ones resposible for shipping un inventoried product out the door. its my bad yes, but i was still under the impression that they had gone out and was waiting and trying to find my emails confirms of shipment, again im sorry for the delay but im glad you got them alright, if anyone else is waiting on parts i can promise you they are coming,
-tim
i am an honest guy and can say ive never not shipped something to someone
Old 09-18-2007, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've spoken with you on several occasions. Can't recall if we've done business

My advice is to *always* do what you say you're going to do. Even if it's an update or tracking number. Make it the rule, not the exception.

It's a risky proposition buying something sight unseen from someone you don't know over the internet.

Just some friendly advice, since you seem sincere and you often have stuff for sale.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default obviously thats a stretch, and he shouldve notified you that its almost a month late.

however by me, if you use a mailboxes etc type shipper.. and you drop off on a saturday they will not ship until the next business day. they will give you tracking info and process the order, however you wont have an active tracking # until the item is picked up by UPS and processed.

i learned this the hardway the other week.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default You got what you paid for right?

While I agree he should have been more honest in the transaction, and should have proceeded in shipping everything out more quickly, you still got what you paid for. He didn't rip you off and it took less than a month so if you really wanted you could have filed a paypal dispute. Everyone wants a business like transaction with private individuals, but that doesn't always happen. Private individuals don't have dedicated shipping departments and usually have lives outside of selling things. Sh*t happens and things don't always go as smoothly as one would hope. But that's one of the risks you take when you buy used from an online classifieds.

Honesty is important in situations like this, but it shouldn't expected that all sellers are going to be 100% honest all the time. I just naturally assume sellers aren't being 100% truthful, unless I know them personally. That said, your situation/experiance doesn't seem like too big of a deal. You didn't get the short end of the stick by any means on this one. You got what you paid for, just a little later than you expected. My .02 :-)
Old 09-18-2007, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

that is not that bad imho .. if you wanit a month yeah , but a week+ is NOT bad
Old 09-18-2007, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

2nd. Tex, I believe you're making a mountain out of a molehill. But don't mess with Texas, right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Be careful buying anything from Timothy Sias (long rant)...