AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/)
-   -   Cold Weather Pkg -- need your comments (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/cold-weather-pkg-need-your-comments-1367932/)

Hag 11-11-1999 08:53 PM

Cold Weather Pkg -- need your comments

Hi --

I am about to order an S4 -- but I'm undecided about the Cold Weather Pkg..
I love to sit in a hot seat... but can anyone describe what the "expandable ski sack" is?
I don't ski. What does it look like?
Are there any other uses for it?
(no mean jokes alrighty?!)
Also -- heated seats don't add alot of weight, do they?

Thanks for your help,
J. the Hag
S4 - my gift to me Feb 14th 2000 ;)

Kevin 11-11-1999 08:58 PM

Re: Cold Weather Pkg -- need your comments

I really didn't need the cold weather package, but the seats warm up and the sack expands from inside the trunk into the back seat area to carry skis (are you a fisherman?) or any long object which may be wet or dirty. Otherwise, the seats fold down anyway....I have also heard that the steering wheel does not heat up as it says in the manual...I hope this helps

DMoore 11-11-1999 09:07 PM

Think of a giant condom...

folded up behind the armrest in the back seat. There's a removable plastic door that opens to the trunk. Fold down the armrest, remove the door, and voila. The ski bag unfolds, extending all the way to the armrest between the front seats. The directions in the owner's manual indicate that if you carry skis in the bag, you should wrap the rear seat's middle seat belt around the bag to prevent items from shifting. The bag is not a bad idea, because it permits you to carry skis inside the car, without folding down the rear seats, and without dripping all over the interior of the car. I've never figured out, however, how to drain the bag!

The bag is utterly unobtrusive when not being used. Frankly, you could own the car for a long time and not even realize that it's there.

I believe the winter package also includes, beside the seat warmers, heaters for the windshield and headlight spray nozzles.

DMoore
'00 S4

Hag 11-11-1999 10:17 PM

Thanks you guys -- it sounds nifty!

I'm looking forward to joining in the fun.

Thanks.

ChuckH 11-11-1999 11:58 PM

I'm not a skier, but I use to use the ski sack for boat oars. Neato! :-)

ChuckH 11-12-1999 12:06 AM

I should leave this one alone, but...

...as with a condom, one should exercise caution when using the ski condom. In the event of overstuffing, your ski condom could burst and leak foreign fluids. Audi is not responsible for misuse of the ski condom. Remember, never use petroleum based lubricants. The ski condom has been proven to be over 99% effective when used properly. :-)

Al Pollack 11-12-1999 03:37 AM

Yeah! But, you didn't...Always pushing the envelope, Chucky!!!!!

Mr. Hot Air 11-12-1999 04:48 AM

Heated Seats add 200 pounds..lots of extra ductwork

nt

Noel Louthan 11-12-1999 05:16 AM

Are you sure? (more)

I am almost positive that that they are electric. They have a switch that chooses between 6 settings. I can't imagine that it adds 200 pounds. Maybe 20.

Noel
Santorin/Silver

JIM 11-12-1999 06:10 AM

Re: Cold Weather Pkg -- need your comments

I own the A4 with the cold weather package and live in East Tennessee.Winters are 40's-20's and I do not have access to a garage.
Love the heated seats,who cares about the ski bag, never intend to use it.
Extra weight,I do not think the S4 will mind at all.
Jim
99 A41.8tqms