S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Considering selling my Santorin Blue 2001 S4 ???

Old 09-05-2001, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering selling my Santorin Blue 2001 S4 ???

Hi everyone,

I have a 2001 Santorin Blue S4 (less than 14k miles) with all the goodies (CD changer, BOSE, moonroof, cold weather package, etc). Tiptronic transmission. It is leased with 36 payments remaining at $667.34 each. It is a *really* sweet lease from my bank. The lease is assumable, so you would assume my remaining payments. I am asking for $1000 and assume the lease. With that, I will include a set of Blizzaks on 16" 5-spoke alloys (about $2k) for free.

Why in the world get rid of an S4? I need more room -- time for a mini-van. Weak! My three boys are growing up toooo fast. Oh well, my loss is someone's gain.

Is this reasonable? Or should I just sell it outright and pocket any profit?

If anyone is interested please email me at dennis_abts@hotmail.com with any questions or for pictures.

Wile E. Coyote
Old 09-05-2001, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Mini Van?! Hell, get the S4 Avant then or an All Road.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:08 AM

Agree with NickS, get the Allroad. Save humanity and don't buy a mini van!!!
Old 09-05-2001, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default excuse me but some of us with family's here own a mini-van also and proud owner of an s4 Avant

whats your beef about mini-vans? they're not (atleast our Sienna XLE) as imposing as those gas guzzling **** SUV's
Old 09-05-2001, 07:37 AM

Default EXCUSE ME, but some of us with family's here own gas-guzzling **** SUVs!!!

What's your beef with SUVs?
As a auto enthusiast, I would not be caught dead in a minivan...they roll all over the place, have no power, and are look terrible (btw, that's my wife's opinion, too)

IMHO, the power/ride combination available from a good truck (e.g., a 4Runner) more than compensates for its [gas] drinking problems (tho' I often wonder if they sell SwayBars for the 4runner?)

Also, as a father who has ferried 2 infants in the SUV, I can categorically state that the ride height of an SUV is perfect for strapping in (and removing) an infant/carseat combination without breaking your back!

Just my $0.02...
Old 09-05-2001, 07:51 AM
Elder Member

Default Re: EXCUSE ME, but some of us with family's here own gas-guzzling **** SUVs!!!

"tho' I often wonder if they sell SwayBars for the 4runner?) "

Bad idea...a high center of gravity and a stiff rear sway bar do not mix...
Old 09-05-2001, 07:53 AM

Default I figured it wouldn't be that easy...

I need to lower it first huh?

OK, so we're talking about Coilovers, SwayBar, Divorce...this gets expensive really fast!
Old 09-05-2001, 08:04 AM

Default No Excuse. You're deluding yourself for vanity. Mini-van is much safer.

Mini-vans are much safer than SUVs and roll over much less often. They have a much lower center of gravity. Check the statistics.

Face it. You wouldn't be caught dead in a mini-van because they 'look terrible'. Image is the only reason you are driving a 4Runner. It certainly isn't safety, ride quality, value, or usable space.

SUVs gained popularity because they offer some practicality without appearing practical. This is a selling point to people who don't want to admit to themselves that they have a family now and are really not going to drive the Rubicon.

SUVs are bad mini-vans on big wheels.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:13 AM

Default Man, you really took this personally but in MY OPINION, Mini vans are ugly and ****ty.

It has nothing to do with the owner but with the car.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:42 AM

Default Yet another typical uninformed, ignorant SUV driver...

I love it how SUV drivers can actually believe that their sorry excuses for road legal trucks are better for hauling people on a road then a mini-van. When will you people wake up? I'm certainly not a mini-van fan, but most of them *were* designed explicity as on road vehicles for carrying people. For the most part, SUVs are built on truck frames with wonderfully high-tech 1940s suspension systems. To think that your SUV rolls any less than a minivan is just an utter joke. They handle worse...by far.

And to finalize my rant, I'd like to point out how truly ignorant the American SUV buying public is to believe that they aren't buying a minivan when they buy an SUV. How is an SUV any "cooler"? It isn't, but the auto marketing machine has done a good job at convincing these people that an SUV is more manly and though. My favorite example is the Mercedes ML series. It IS A FRICKIN MINIVAN! For god's sake, just look at it. Any idiot can tell what it is, but the the marketing folks have somehow snowballed the American public into thinking it's an SUV and thus it can be sold for more and be more popular. Brilliant!

-josh

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Considering selling my Santorin Blue 2001 S4 ???