S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

the DEFINITIVE reason Canuck S4's are Xenon'less... (or so the latest story goes) ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2000, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the DEFINITIVE reason Canuck S4's are Xenon'less... (or so the latest story goes) ...

Just got off phone with Audi tech (best one I've talked to yet, and the service department at this particular dealership EXTREMELY pleasant and helpfull.. they got my biz.. even though I have to drive a bit further)....

Anyway, what he has been told by Audi Engineers is that because of the Canadian law's for DRL's, and with the motors and such required for the Xenon's there is quite simply no room for them. And the Canadian DRL's are substituting for the American fogs.. even though fogs shouldn't be mounted so high. As to
WHY the Canuckmobile doesn't have the fogs, no answers.. although this tech told me the Audi Engineers like to feel high and mighty, and get preturbed when tech's start asking questions ("you're not buying the car.. just fix 'em).

Sorry to ramble on about this foglight issue, just a bee in my Imola bonnet I guess. In reality, I'm glad they are not there to block airflow, I would be removing them if they were indeed there.

Earnie "I need a cool signature" Imola