S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

designated driver 2005 (long post... need to vent)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default designated driver 2005 (long post... need to vent)

after a nice newyear' eve, i head home from a party. take a shower, pop in a movie, and get in bed. at about 2:15 my friend scott calls me, he needs a ride home, as his DD left already. i get back to the party around 2:30am and scott gets in the passenger seat.

some other kid i don't know (his roomate from college) gets in the backseat. we drive all the way to scott's house to drop them off. at the opening of his driveway this douchebag starts burping, then when we get halfway up the driveway, he leans over and throws up behind the front passenger seat. completely missed the plastic floormat covers i put there in the winter.

all over the rear seat and carpet in back. i spend 30 mins cleaning it out at scott's house, and febreze the living **** out of the whole rear half of the car, and drove home with the wondows open. i threw out the floormat he hit... there was no saving it. now my car stinks like amonia and puke. lesson learned: people suck, and f**k that *******. no more DDing for me. people should make their own arrangements and exclude me.

i'm sure in the future i'll realize that its better he booted all over my car than drove home and got himself and my friend killed, but for now, f**k him. if he didnt look so pathetic, and wasn't so covered in vomit, i'd probably have given him the beating of a lifetime. he didnt even say sorry. lesson learned.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default if i were you, i would, at the very least, make the guy buy me a new floor mat. without a doubt. and

make him pay to have the car cleaned to get rid of the smell. thats the least he could do for you being there to get him home safely. about not appologizing, thats messed up, but im sure the guy didnt even know what was going on.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

he had no idea, but my friend scott said he'd make him buy m 4 new mats and a carpet cleaning kit
Old 12-31-2004, 11:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Happened to me last new years...

While I still had my GTI. Some douche of a friend needed a ride home, so, he was in the backseat, guess he didn't like my coilovers too much. All his beer ended up smacking the passanger headrest and falling right back on his lap. Served him well, car actually didn't stink.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Happened to me a couple years ago...(more)

Took my broham out for his 21'st birfday...

well, we were like 100 feet from his house and he decides to blow chunks in my car.. thankfully it wasn't my S. At anyrate he hit teh passenger window, and it went out radially from there. it was ALL bad.

it took about 4 weeks to get the smell out.

with out a doubt, have dude pay to get your car cleaned, and for a couple cans of lysol and fabreeze.

sorry, to hear that, but... good job on keeping a drunk off the road. better your back seat than causing an accident on the road trying to drive.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:29 AM
Elder Member

Sorry to hear.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No good deed goes undone....sorry but funny still

It happened to me but the Girl stuck her head out the window, and hit the outside only.

It still stunk for a week.

sorry but happy new year
Old 01-01-2005, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry to hear it ...

But I gotta say, the designated driver thing is more important than the car. Sorry but that's just the way it is and you know it too.

For what it is worth, I carry airline sick bags on the passenger side of my Porsche (haven't got around to putting them there in the Audi yet -- though this is a great reminder and I'll do it today). It is actually there for people who get sick from exuberant driving. But if someone looks slightly like they might get sick, then I give them a short lecture on where the bags are and tell them to make sure that they are sick in the bag. Same lecture they get when I fly. If there is any sign of it then I actually hand them the bag. At least that way they won't try to do what your friend did and hold it in instead of saying something.

Clean it up a.s.a.p. It is very acidic and you've got to get it out fast. At least it is the carpets and not the seat. :-/

Stephen
Old 01-01-2005, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wife did same thing years ago 200 ft. from getting home...

She apologized and said with a chuckle, "Now you'll remember me wherever you go."

Oh YEAH!!!! I traded in my 'then' new car and bought the S4. F*ck YOU and the bills now! I still love her with all my heart.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default that's one of the reason i never enjoy being around drunk people

nevermind having them in my car ..
being stupid drunk and being a bit tipsy (not fully able to drive ) are 2 very different things.
i don't drink so i never have to worry about finding a dd..

Happy New Year !

Quick Reply: designated driver 2005 (long post... need to vent)