S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Fender rolling questions.....

Old 04-23-2005, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fender rolling questions.....

I read eight pages of posts on fender rolling and still don't have all the answers...

I am going in for a ride height adjustment, alignment and corner balance and while I am there, I can't come up with any real reason NOT to have the front fenders rolled. RPM Motorsports is a very high end shop and definately can handle it...

So, I totally understand fender rolling. But what section of the fender liner needs to be trimmed? I suspect that as the fender lip rolls in, the outer most edge of the fender liner interferes with the rolling.

I don't think the shops needs any advice or direction from me on this, I just like to understand exactly what needs to be done...
Old 04-23-2005, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stand beside car and grab the fender, with your fingers on the liner

I trimmed as far up as what your fingers would touch.. about 2" from the lip.

The brake caliper limits how far back you can roll the fender (using a tool) so you don't want to trim too far rearward for no reason..
Old 04-23-2005, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Just had mine done and I will have to order new liners as my old ones were worn form rubbing

but George @ Creative Kustoms showed me where the fenders were rolled and how I would need to install the new liners...there is a section that needs to be trimed back a bit.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I need Kreative Kustoms to re-do my RS4 bumper and paint my hood.

where's there new location?

George is the bomb at the RS4 bumper install.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:03 PM

Ben YGM
Old 04-23-2005, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default here is some info....

i recently rolled my fenders. i actually rolled my fenders with the fender liner in. i made this call because when you heat the fender lip, it will actually make the fender liner (plastic piece) bend'able.

i rolled the anterior portion of the fender lip. a few of the other guys i was with, removed the fender lip first. then rolled the fender, and trimmed the liner as well.

let me know if i can answer any more questions for ya.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Back at ya.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The main reason for rolling your fenders is if you are rubbing..

If you are not rubbing, why would you roll your fenders.. If you are not rubbing after your new setup, why roll. However...

Usually if you have a good shop roll your fenders, you just need to have the setup on your car and say I need this to not rub in hard corners with X passengers and they will make it so... Depending on how far you need to go, they may or may not remove liners or do other stuff. I have had mine rolled twice. First time to clear 235's and 2nd time to clear 255's.

Bruce
Old 04-23-2005, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: stand beside car and grab the fender, with your fingers on the liner

I can understand the caliper limiting rotation of the rolling tool...

After you trimmed the liner and rolled the edge of the fender, was there a gap between the fender and the newly trimmed liner? A place for nasties to get behind the fender liner?
Old 04-23-2005, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Just had mine done and I will have to order new liners as my old ones were worn form rubbing

I imagine that as the fender is rolled back the liner will get deformed...is that what needs to be trimmed?

I'm doing mine before there has been much rubbing so these liners are still fine..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fender rolling questions.....