S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Ford Taurus - 1, S4 - 0.... :-(

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ford Taurus - 1, S4 - 0.... :-(

No this was not a race. As my luck would have it, I was rear ended today. I was driving back from Killington, VT today in the snow; it was kinda bad out, but nothing too major at the time. I stopped to turn left onto 91 and waited for some traffic to clear. The guy behind me stopped and was driving around me on the right. I then glanced in my rearview mirror and see this car sliding towards me. I gassed it, but the tires just spun (damn snow), but I doubt it would have done anything, seeing as he was going about 30 when he hit me.

He hit me pretty square on, which is good I guess. From what I can see only the bumper and trunk are FUBARed. The lights and exhaust are both fine... looks like the quarter panels are ok too :-/ I got all his info and whatnot, but he seemed pretty sketch. I called the cops but the guy "had to go" and left before the cop got there. I've usually had pretty good experiances with police officers when it comes to stuff like this, but this guy was a real jerk. He said about 3 words to me the entire time and then didn't give me anything, like his phone number or any place to call to follow up with.

Tomorrow I have to go through the motions of taking it to a shop and dealing with all the insurance BS. I dunno why this stuff has to keep happening to me. Just when I fix all the broken sensors and get the car running great someone punches my hood, my wheel bearing breaks and now this :-( Oh well.... just gotta deal with the cards your delt, least this wasn't my fault and I might be able to get a cool CF trunk outa the deal, hehe. I'll try and get some pictures when I get a chance. Oh, and I still plan on going to momentum tuning this Saturday, so anyone there can see my car in all her glory.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that dude. Glad you are ok.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

2nd... good luck with insurance
Old 03-08-2005, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks guys. I was kinda hoping for some whiplash to get "some pain and suffering" $$$...

cause I need suspension

:-p i kid, i kid
Old 03-08-2005, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ouch! Sorry for the damage. So it was a hit-n-run, I take it? Did the cops...

catch the guy or at least get his plates, etc.? Did they tow the car to Kinney Motors in Rutland? If you want a good bodyshop to do work on your car, shoot me an email.

The shop that did all the work on my car (OEM RS4 bumper and recent body work) is 45 minutes away from Rutland. See my post from this morning for samples of the work.

I was driving back from Boston this afternoon and the roads were horrible on I-89. Cars were off the road everywhere. Again, sorry to hear.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Damn Kevin...Sorry to hear. I was gonna ask how your car was running too with the 02 now fixed.

I don't think I'll be able to make the "momentum meet" as I'll still be in MD during that time. Hope everything with your car works out.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

you may or may not feel the effects of whiplash until tmw in da mornin' when you wake up!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Naw, technically it was not a hit and run cause he gave me his info

He just left before the cops got there. I didn't get his insurance company and the policy is a little hard to read, but I copied down his license number, name, and plates. So I have enough info to go on if it comes to that. The car is completely drivable and the trunk still closes and locks, which is amazing cause his car was really messed up. Its basically cosmetic, thanks for the recommendation though.

At the time the roads weren't too bad but i waited about 30 min for the cop to get there and another hour for him to do nothing :-/ by the time I got back on the road it was terrible.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:13 PM

oh man sorry to hear
Old 03-08-2005, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That sucks; correct me if I'm wrong but once insurance is swapped parties are free to go?

Quick Reply: Ford Taurus - 1, S4 - 0.... :-(