S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

fuzzy for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2000, 10:16 AM
leslie

Default fuzzy for me

I was leaving the gym last night (sorta late, not too many cars outside--mine of course, parked way out) as a group of 4 h.s. boys were leaving. As we got closer, one boy could tell I was heading toward the S4. "Is that YOUR car?" he said (perhaps, b/c I'm 23). "Yeah," I replied. "That is my FAVORITE car," he said. "The S4?" Not that I don't agree, of course, but I asked just to make sure he knew it wasn't an A4, we were still 100 ft. away. "Yeah, I love it--the front is so much better than the A4 (he said to his friends)". The boys proceeded to walk around and check it out. "check out the leather--nice" and "how much was it, $46". "Closer to 40'" I replied.

Anyway, felt nice...considering I know many people think it is just an A4, and few notice otherwise... Hey the youth of America can't be that bad.

Had to share...
leslie '00 Silver/Onyx
Old 01-24-2000, 10:28 AM
L.S.

You know that kid is going to grow up to be a car junky (like all of us).....
Old 01-24-2000, 11:50 AM
Tristan

Default Re: fuzzy for me too....

I've actually had more kids comment to me about the car than anyone else. Four times I've been stopped when they rolled down their window and asked about the car. One group of loitering kids (taco bell.... can you beat it?) said the Blue Alcantara was "pimp". I don't know how I feel about this? Do I want to be a pimp? Am I flattered?

kids who love four-doors rule.

Tristan
Old 01-24-2000, 12:01 PM
leslie

Default Re: fuzzy for me too....

You must have a little bit of pride/savvy (?) (won't be calling you a pimp here) to have ordered the brightest possible combo nogaro/alcantara. If there was an Imola w/ Imola alcantara option you'd have competition. I'm sure you'll continue to get lots of attention. I'd love to see it. I did consider that briefly, but was afraid I'd tire of it/ be too bright.

I was surprised my stealth silver got noticed.

Have you posted any pics? I'd love to see one w/ door open.

leslie
Old 01-24-2000, 12:23 PM
Tristan

Default f.f.m.t....

I have pics, but not here at work. 23 and you own an S4..... you must have met with success early! Good for you. You have me beat. Email me if you like and I'll send pics of the interior. I was originally going to go for the santorin blue, but when the Nogaro showed up, I couldn't resist.
Tristan... the calipers are blue too.
Old 01-24-2000, 12:34 PM
matthewk

I wanted to thank you again for leaving the paint and the thinner out, i live to clean up after you.
Old 01-24-2000, 12:45 PM
MarkFank

Default Re: fuzzy for me

I was pulling into my garage on Friday and one of my neighbors came running into my garage out of breath. He is in high school and his parents won't let him drive yet. (Discipline probs.) He saw me drive by while he was waiting for the bus and ran two blocks to check out my car. He was freaking out and said the S4 was his dream car. He knew the HP, 0-60 times, etc. He missed his bus so I gave him a ride to his destination. He looked as I probably did when I picked up the car from the dealer. It was a cool feeling so I kinda know how you felt. I love this car!
Old 01-24-2000, 12:53 PM
Todd W

Default We know what your cleaning regimen is :)

How's the psychedelic stairway?
Old 01-24-2000, 01:32 PM
leslie

Default Re: f.f.m.t....

Tristan,

Feel free to send all pics. I'd email you, but I can't thru the Internet. Don't have that access/ or page that comes up. I'm waiting for someone on this board to help me fix this(?). Don't know if configurations can be changed, or if it is an administrator thing.

As for my "success" story: had a full tuition athletic scholarship, and was a TA my graduate year, parents always promised to pay for school (they paid my for my sister) so they gave me 1 years (private) tuition, back in '94. (I could have gone to the Ivy's where no ath. scholarships), but chose otherwise, partially b/c of this incentive. Invested, plus 4 of my summer jobs combined in there. Could have bought a camry/maxima back then, glad I waited!

My parents were generous, but if you know anyone who has played D1 sports, you know it is a job! So I do think I earned it in many ways, while still being thankful, of course. May take longer thru my job to pay for a house equivalent to an S4...I wish I had a nice IPO to retire off of now. Don't we all. I'm working on that one.

leslie
Old 01-24-2000, 01:54 PM
matthewk

what are you trying to say??? :-)

Quick Reply: fuzzy for me