S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

HELP! - Cluster EPC Light, ABS Light, and "Triangle!" Light All Came On (??)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2002 A6 Avant 3.0L Quattro Tiptronic.
I've had this issue intermittently over the past few years, but it happened twice in the past week at highway speed in heavy traffic with dry pavement: The right front brake locked up and I went into a skeeching slew from the left lane into the right lane fortunately not under a truck! The traction control light came on AFTER the incidents, but went off after a stop and restart.
I've had this looked at twice, at two reputable after market German car shops, at considerable expense, with: "we can't reproduce the problem" ....maybe its the ABS....we cleared the codes, if it happens again bring it in...etc etc.
I thought it might be a nice to at least know which system is causing this before the car kills me.
Is it EPC, traction control, ABS, or what?
I haven't gone to the dealer because they're crazy expensive, and quite frankly, I don't trust them. (the reason- privately I bought a model 80 some years ago which the dealer serviced to the tune of $2200 to the previous owner for an annoying front end click. Dealer replaced the whole front end, tie rods, ball joints, none of which fixed the problem. Owner sold it out of frustration. I bought it cheap. My favorite muffler shop helped find a worn sub-frame bushing. I replaced all four, and drove the car trouble free for years.
I don't have a Vag-Com, just "Torque" on my Android. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 ABS module location HELP :(

Hello all,
I am going insane, have 2001 A6 4.2 Quattro.
My 3 abs lights are on with no communication code.
its Bosch 5.0, so i have a separated abs module.

I have no idea where it is, i looked in the passenger and driver foot wells, under back seat, under both knee bolsters.

Does anyone have a clue where it could be ???