S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Help!!! Wife wants a minivan !! OMFG!! The Volvo XC is going in on a trade.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!!! Wife wants a minivan !! OMFG!! The Volvo XC is going in on a trade.

My S4 Avant is safe, but I will have to drive a Toyota Sienna (on road trips and on the weekend) - any thoughts? - I'm looking at a limited with everything and 4 wheel drive, DVD and every electronic thing on earth, laser cruise and navigation - back-up sensors and xenons - all for only 40k for a *ucking minivan - please give me hope and help me cope....
Old 10-29-2004, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OK, OK - calm down......I have a minivan too. I'm on my second one........

just looked at the Sienna - same options as the one you're looking at - basically everything available.....

We opted for the Chrysler Town and Country Limited and here's why:

1. Having all seats fold away is MUCH, MUCH better than just having the last row fold away - you'll see. That's why we got rid of our last Town and Country (a 2003) and traded it for the 2005. The Sienna does not have a way to fold everything down flat.

2. The DVD player in the Sienna SUCKS for kids. You cannot load DVDs in while driving. Now, everyone says they'll only use it on long road trips - you'll see, not true. You'll use it more often. There is no way in the Sienna to load a DVD while driving and a kid cannot load one without unbuckling. The Town and Country has an IN DASH 6 disc DVD changer. Much nicer.

OK, so the Sienna has a cooler back-up thing (the camera), but the thing is almost $7000 more. I was ready to spend the money since I did not really want an American car - my wife said no - she wanted the fold away seats (all of them) and the DVD player that you could load while driving.

Just things to think about. And, it's not that bad.....could be worse, could be your car!
Old 10-29-2004, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Forgot to mention......think how many mods that $7000 saved could buy you!
Old 10-29-2004, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, you gotta put your foot down.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

7G for a rearview backup cam? No thanks!
Old 10-29-2004, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have to agree with sizquik. I told my wife that we will never own a minivan

and she actually bought it. Of course I told her she could get whatever SUV she wanted, no restrictions.

A minivan is the first signal that she is getting old, an SUV is the signal that she is a progressive Mom who will always be cool. (or at least that is what I told my wife)

Good luck!
Old 10-29-2004, 11:14 PM

Default Get an allroad, add the 3rd row seat, go to high suspension mode, and tell her it's an SUV ...

at least it's still a 2.7T and you get to share mod's ;-)
Old 10-29-2004, 11:29 PM

hahaha 2nd that one!! 402 mod for sure!!! and then when you sneak out, you can drop it like its hot.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My wife drives the Lexus RX300, and I think its a POS! VERY unimpressed...

with Lexus, the service, car tells me that, at this exact second, I'm getting 19.4 miles per gallon, but its up to me to figure out how many miles til I run of out gas! No auto-door locks for the kids...

AND the stealership wanted $650 bucks to do front rotors and brakes after only 2 years/35000 miles! (monro mufflers did it for $320).
Old 10-30-2004, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Get the T&C if you want all that and AWD. Siennas are nice but too much for what you get.

... or you can be quirky like us and get the Quest. The wife's 2nd van and it has more features/functionality than all the others(minus AWD which is supposedily comming at some point) for less $$$ overall.

Another thing that bummed me on Toyota is that they offer their "Packages" to exclusive regions ie you can get a certain combo of features in the SEast but not in Cali and vice-versa. That is just stupid imo. Again minus the AWD there isn't an offering that comes close to the feature content of the Nissan... and yeah its a little wierd, but easy to like overall.

Oh and Nissan is the only one with a 5yr 60K bumper to bumper warranty. We will not keep it this long but pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Help!!! Wife wants a minivan !! OMFG!! The Volvo XC is going in on a trade.