S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Hey guys im new to the forum and NEED SUSPENSION HELP ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys im new to the forum and NEED SUSPENSION HELP ASAP

Hey I just got a 2001.5 yellow s4 about 2 months ago and love it but heres my delema. I met up with another guy from the forums to put in H&amp;R/Bilstien suspension that was in his s4 which is going back to audi because the lease is up. So anyways after spending most of the day putting in the suspension we finally dropped the car and it was so low that front fenders sat on the tires when turning and just rubbed like crazy. The front Bilstiens are grooved and are set on the second highest groove. We didnt have access to the spring compressor anymore by the time we finished the job because it was in his friends shop which was now closed. I have the full Rieger Kit with the v2 sides and 3 piece rear with 19"x8.5 sportecs. The back tucked okay from what i could see but i dont know how the ride was because i couldnt drive the car. Since we live about 2 hours away from each other we had to swap my Sportecs for his stock 17's. I could drive now and made it home from yonkers to long island bottoming out a few times and scraping my skirt pretty bad on my drive way. The clearence is SCARY though it looks like a touring car which is sick but as an everyday driver ny roads would destroy my car quicly, i can barely fit a fist between the front bumper and the ground. I Dont really know what to do, i feel that setting it one groove up wont really solve the problem and the sportecs still wont fit. The question i had for you guys is, should i totally switch everything back to stock. just switch the springs back to stock and keep the Bilstiens in, or could i possibly leave the H&amp;R/bilstiens in the rear and put my stock springs on the front and leave the bilstiens in the groove there in. I need help quick i gotta go back to yonkers monday and figure this out. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BECAUSE IM STRESSED OUT. oh if you took the time to read this long *** message thanks. GREG<ul><li><a href="http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&amp;gid=7693243&amp;uid=2142568">http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&amp;gid=7693243&amp;uid=2142568</a</li></ul>
Old 06-18-2005, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would put stockers on and buy new suspension instead of used. Start over again, but do it right.