S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

How many of you also own a Porsche boxster S?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you also own a Porsche boxster S?

I'd love to have one as the "other"car as I've driven a friend of mines and although it's COMPLETELY diff. drivng exp.

I'd like to know what you all think of it. pro/cons?

thx,

dojo
Old 12-03-2001, 12:25 PM

Default MattK used to own one. Porsches as I am sure you found, are truly great cars to drive, and offer

an experience that few cars can match. The Boxster S in particular, in my experience, is a great and fun car to have. A big con of course is price, but then again, you should expect this in a Porsche. You may want to try out the Honda S2000. It is another very fun Roadster - with without a aftermarket Supercharger it is also very fast...
Old 12-03-2001, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yeah as the former owner of a integra gsr (moded) surprise! I've found

the s2000 to be a great bang for the buck roadster.

but the all out ergonomics, and heightened level of feel that is associated with the boxster s is just unparallelled (unless you really wanna spend some $$$).

I'd consider the boxster with 217 hp, but know that it's not the same, the S class really is a diff.
Old 12-03-2001, 12:43 PM
RR
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wife has a "non S" Boxster. Great car, fun to drive. Good complementary car.

I like my torque, power, and quiet interior.

But her's is fun for running around town on a sunny day with the top down. It's way different to drive, the engine is so smooth and loves to rev. Shifter is nice too. :-)

RR
Old 12-03-2001, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Exactly! the problem is once you get used to 378 ft. lbs of torque,

it makes it really tough to give that up to a spinning type motor!
Old 12-03-2001, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I will hold back my thoughts of the boxster...

However, I've heard from very credible sources (the assistant manager at the Porsche dealership) that the boxster S is one of the most driver-oriented cars in production... followed by lots of praising of its handling and design.

Actually I'm friends with that particular assistant manager, and he is a fair driver, and a credible source. I'm just a little sick of the boxster since I see more of them than VW Beetles around her (Malibu, Westlake, Santa Barbara).

just my $.02 from a bystander's position.
Old 12-03-2001, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Pat.....

I would agree. a little too common place. but I'm always considering it as a second car. Sure I could do the M roadster but too tiny and I want the one with 315 hp!

the porsche is just a blast to drive(especially with the engine behind you!) as I'm sure you know.

I'm just looking for a pure play roadster/sports car.

I simply cannot get over how much I love my S4 after 7 months and some 18,000 miles. It's just everything I want. I'd just like to have a smaller one to play with every now and then.

a RWD 2 seater is a fun car to have no matter what it ends up being (well almost);0)
Old 12-03-2001, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ahhh, designed by my fellow classmate at Art Center College of Design, Grant Larson (a great design)
Old 12-03-2001, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

um work with me here, what am I missing????
Old 12-03-2001, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dojo_S4... no, you ain't missin nuttin' Take it for what it is... props to an ex-classmate...

...I just felt like taking advantage of your mention and say that I went the #1 automotive design school and studied with the designer of the Boxster. That's all. I've seen way more over the top and off subject reply posts than mine, that's for sure. Hope this helps you understand my non-answer to your question but, Boxster realated reply post.

There are no rules on this forum... okay, maybe a few.

Quick Reply: How many of you also own a Porsche boxster S?