AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/)
-   -   I just got (what I think to be) salvaged S4 lights from Shokan... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/i-just-got-what-i-think-salvaged-s4-lights-shokan-1630957/)

2fst4u2c 06-21-2008 04:43 PM

I just got (what I think to be) salvaged S4 lights from Shokan...

I don't remember my original headlights having the same setup as these...

the low beams have a small plastic cover sealing them, a round housing and a small rectangle plug inside the housing... I've STFA and I can't verify any type of certain bulb I need...

I went to autozone and attempted the H7 silverstar, just to get something in there so I can drive at night, but they obviously didn't work...

I'm assuming it's HID and I don't know where to go to find some decent bulbs, and then once I'm there... which to choose.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

(the plug has what looks to be 6 small connectors on it and if I remember correctly a red and a black wire...)

Am I missing something? or is that the plug that'll have to go into the bulb once it's secured in place... I don't know what kind of bulb would even fit that...

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

And on another note, what would be some good aftermarket fogs to put in an RS4 bumper? anyone got any suggestions?

UberVier 06-21-2008 05:23 PM

ironic, given your username =P

I keed....

the HID hookups to the bulbs have a metal base with a different connector, the non-HID have what I assume to be plastic bases that plug right into the bulbs, just like the high beams in the housings you have now.

check that, but all USA S4 have HID low. So you need HID bulbs. SOME local parts stores stock them now, call around. If not try one of the vendors here, they have a good selection.

rktskicar 06-21-2008 11:01 PM

On another note, what is a OCT chip 2 with K04s?

-SlowSilverTIPJason- 06-22-2008 09:53 AM

They didn't happen to send you halogen housings did they? Canadian S4's had optional HID's.

2fst4u2c 06-22-2008 11:11 AM

well, K04's are turbos... OCT is a chip... stfa.

-SlowSilverTIPJason- 06-22-2008 11:35 AM

Did you just tell Bruce to stfa for O.CT Chip II? Just checking is that really what you said?

rktskicar 06-22-2008 02:28 PM

Exactly. If he has K04s, should be running OCT stage 4 chip with 5 bar FPR(AW

stage 3-) or better. Running OCT stage 2 (chip 2?) with K04's is worthless. He might as well change his handle to 2slw4u2care.

Bruce

2fst4u2c 06-22-2008 03:30 PM

I thought you were asking what they were, not why they were setup that way...

I know I'm not on the correct software, it was a step-by-step setup and then an accident, so a lot of "performance" parts got put on hold for the 5k or so in repairs..

good thread-jack though, tons of help.

2fst4u2c 06-22-2008 03:32 PM

do you know where I could find the type of bulb? I'm not trying to buy from the dealer or..

trusting guys at autozone anymore...

I just want to make sure if I'm buying them I get what I need... I should probably post a picture of the connector if that would help...

2fst4u2c 06-22-2008 05:21 PM

nope, just the HID I believe...