S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

i think my butt dyno is broken. I just put my ASP truedual + Piggiepipes, and i dont feel a

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think my butt dyno is broken. I just put my ASP truedual + Piggiepipes, and i dont feel a

difference. When i installed my intake, i didnt feel a difference. BUT, other people do feel it. My good friend who drives my car every once in a while said the car felt much quicker with the new exhaust. i went for a ride with a stock s4 owner (nick, AW:audinick), and he also said it felt much quicker. something is wrong with me. on ASPs website, it says, on stock car, ASP turbo back adds 29whp. so, i figure with piggies take away that 9hp and ill get 20whp.

i can tell you this, the exhaust sounds BAD A$$. i had my friend drive it down the street so i can hear it and it really is amazing. ill get some videos of it, and ill find someone to host them. fitment on the catback was beautiful. no problems. i put it in 6th at about 2k rpm and floored it to test drone. none.

one thing that might be my fault: friends were saying the exhaust tips were tilted a down to the side a little. i couldnt really see at night, but tomorrow morning im going to check it out.

good night guys
Old 12-30-2004, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default btw, those of you thinking of doing your own DPs, do it man. its really straight forward. its just

time consuming. i dont know how it would be with a larger diameter DP, but with stock its not as bad as i was thinking.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Elder Member

Default Without a chip, those mods don't make a giant difference. I don't know how ASP saw 29 whp gains....

maybe they were talking about a K04'd stage 3car that had stock DPs/exhaust compared to the same K04'd stage 3 car with that turbo-back setup :/

So IMO, I think your butt dyno is just fine and your friends are on crack. It is probably just a mental thing for them since they hear the sound difference. You know your car the best since you spend more time in it than any of them.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default To be honest, and my reference is on another vehicle

but I saw a solid 20hp gain with my Catback only in the allroad... This was a dual setup as well. (APR), this was quantified by Dyno runs.

Also I believe there is a tech article from a few years back testing the Miltek and they found a decent gain with that exhaust.

Just can't be too much of a skeptic, since I've seen similar gains with just a catback.

Tory
Old 12-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Elder Member

I find that very hard to believe, but okay.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Expert

30hp is a bit much ,agreed from a catback alone and without a chip
Old 12-30-2004, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed. also, drone will come at a certain RPM. not at WOT AFAIK
Old 12-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Elder Member

Default Look at stage 1 1/4 mile times compared to stage 2 1/4 miles times...

a cat-back alone doesn't make much difference on a chipped car either (definitely not enough for it to be its own stage, but that is a discussion for another day :P).
Old 12-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Elder Member

Default Are you saying all aftermarket cat-backs will eventually drone?

I've never noticed any sort of drone with my Milltek 3". My (now Imolavirus') old APR SRT V1 w/o resonator drones like a bitch.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default True dat my 3" Forge no drone, has gotten louder over the years

but still absolutely no drone and still damn quiet.

My APR SRT which went to Piggie then to Doc and is now owned by ImolaVirus, that thing even in unmodified state droned really really really bad!!

My APR Dual on the allroad had zero drone and was damn quiet (even now so that it's sitting in the garage waiting for it's new owner)

Quick Reply: i think my butt dyno is broken. I just put my ASP truedual + Piggiepipes, and i dont feel a