S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Jamiroquai's Audi-loving Jay Kay loses license

Old 09-06-2004, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jamiroquai's Audi-loving Jay Kay loses license

Monday September 6, 01:16 PM

Speeding Pop Star Banned From Driving

Pop star Jay Kay has been banned from driving for six months after being caught doing 105mph. The singer, who fronts chart-topping band Jamiroquai, was stopped by police after overtaking a string of vehicles on the A9 near Perth earlier this year.The 34-year-old admitted the charge by letter in July but was ordered to appear today for sentencing.

Sheriff Robert McCreadie, who told the star his conduct was "entirely unacceptable", disqualified him from driving for six months and imposed a fine £750.

Mr Kay had been enjoying a break at his Highland getaway in Gairloch, Ross-shire, and was travelling back to his 75-acre estate in Horsenden, Bucks, when he was clocked exceeding the 70mph speed limit in his four-wheel-drive car on February 26 this year.

In the letter to the court, he said: "I was returning from my house in Gairloch to England for an important appointment.

"I'd set out early in the morning but had become stuck behind slow moving traffic on the single-carriageway road.

"That meant I had been travelling for four hours at an average of about 30 miles an hour by this stage.

"I was not driving a fast sports car but a four-wheel drive vehicle which meant I wanted to make the most of this overtaking opportunity.

"I appreciate the maximum penalty for this offence could lead to the loss of my licence and this is a matter of grave concern to me."

The singer has three previous convictions for driving offences.

He is renowned for his taste in fast cars and once splashed out £450,000 on a 220mph Ferrari Spider.

Kay left court in a blacked out Audi driven by a minder after describing his court appearance to reporters as "thrilling".

Jamiroquai singer given driving ban

Monday, September 6, 2004 Posted: 11:19 AM EDT (1519 GMT)

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Car-mad pop star Jay Kay has been banned from driving for six months and fined 750 pounds for speeding.

The front man for chart-toppers Jamiroquai admitted driving at 105 mph in February on the southbound carriage of the notorious A9 near Perth in central Scotland.

Kay -- famed for his passion for sports cars, usually Lamborghinis -- has previous motoring convictions, but does not always need to be driving to get into trouble.

In May 2002 he was involved in a street brawl after he found photographers leaning against his newly delivered Bentley.

Jamiroquai burst onto the British music scene in 1992 with the single "When You Gonna Learn?"

The disco-funk group subsequently enjoyed chart success with their first album "Emergency On Planet Earth."
Old 09-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Elder Member

Default I like how he beat down paparzzi because they were leaning against his bently.

those people need beat anyway.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default ha ha I know

I heard he owns no BMWs.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Elder Member

he has good tastes.