S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

LarDog.......please dont shy away from the drives because i drive like an A$$!!=) I understand ur

Old 07-30-2001, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LarDog.......please dont shy away from the drives because i drive like an A$$!!=) I understand ur

concerns and i wont say anything to justify my driving sometimes. I dont want anybody to do half the stuff i used to do, but now, may i say i mellowed out a lot! I have too many female friends(just friends OK=) that want to go on drives with me, and they dont want any of my high speed fly-bys. I dont know about passing in blind-corners, because its being a while since u came out, and my memory is bad.
Old 07-30-2001, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LarDog.......please dont shy away from the drives because i drive like an A$$!!=) I understand u

I've only gone on two drives with you. One was up ACH in April 2000 right after I got my S4. You had your Porsche and I remember you passing me and just about everyone else. It didn't bother me at the time because I was pretty much doing the same. At the top I remember you, well, boasting about all of the passes you made. Again, I really didn't think much of it- it didn't bother me. Its part of the drives I guess.

The next drive was organized by Jason and was an Audi drive with about ten cars, going into Ojai and over to Camarillo. After lunch, you waved everybody by in your 1.8T. A few minutes(?) later, we're all going down a hill into a left hander. On the left side of the road is the side of the hill and at the bottom of the hill a blind corner. You came flying by the car that was behind me and proceeded to pass both of us. You braked, so I opened up the space between my car and Jenny/Cheng's ride in front so you'd have space to drop in if you had to. Instead (and this is the part that freaked me out) you took off and passed two or three cars in front of Jennifer's, at which point you were at the bottom of the hill and at the corner. When I arrived at the very same spot that you pulled in, an older Camry popped around the corner with three people in it. So you cheated death by about three to five seconds. At the bottom of the hill, same as the top, you can't see around the corner to see if anyone is coming. Blind. The problem I have is that it seems to be a pattern and that you intentionally wave by the people you are about pass, just to get a thrill. If that Camry was three seconds earlier, they'd be dead, you'd probably be dead and a few Audi brethren may have been taken with you, (10 cars in a tight pack jamming down a hill with a sudden head-on accident at the bottom with a semi-sharp left-hander - do the math, it would have been carnage)

So as not to account for my own misbehavior, when I drove home from that drive I weaved in and out of traffic on the 101 with Frank and BlownS4 in a way that had I been in one of the regular cars on the freeway, I would've wished jail time for us. It was a dangerous and stupid day.

If you've calmed down since then I'm happy, but I doubt that I'd go, considering how quickly the testosterone takes over and we all start driving like a$$holes again.... It is as much me as it is you or anyone else.

Larry