S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Mercedes CL55 AMG , Porshce 996 C2, and my S4 go at it in the canyons!!!!!

Old 07-31-2001, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercedes CL55 AMG , Porshce 996 C2, and my S4 go at it in the canyons!!!!!

So the night was looking to be pretty uneventful...I was just hanging out at a friend's place watching some Howard Stern, wishing I had something better to do. Then at 11:30 my friend gives me a call on my cell and tells me that his mom has let him take out the Porshce for the night, so he wants to go for a drive with me. This was just what I was looking for.

So we make our way over to the Mulholland canyons for some a.m. canyon runs. I'm very familiar with the roads so I decide to take the lead. I wasn't pushing it to the limits because one, it was night time, and two, my friend wasn't in a hurry to wreck the new Porsche. So we're going through the canyons at a pretty quick pace, then my friend decides he wants to lead through the next section of the canyon. I'm following right behind him when we both go into a quick left hand turn. As I'm going through it I hear tires squealing and they aren't mine!!!

Sure enough someone coming in the opposite direction was up to the same late night mischief that we were doing. As the headlights come flying by me I can make out the tell tale lights of a Mercedes CL class. So my friend and I continue on through the canyons, still going pretty fast. Then I see lights coming up behind me fast...at first I thought a cop was coming after us, but as they got within better view I saw it was that same Mercedes. So I pick up the pace and start pushing it through the turns, my friend in the Porsche sees the new car in the back and speeds up. We hit a pretty long straight stretch and the Porsche slows down, so I pass him on the left and the CL follows right behind me, I look in my rearview to see if I'm losing him but he's right there behind me.

I start slowing cause we were coming to an intersection and I decide to stop and get out to talk to my friend about what just happened. We get out and the CL flies by and that's when my friend sees it's a CL55 AMG. So we get back in our cars about to take off when I see the CL coming back. I wanted to talk to him so I flash my high beams at him hoping he'll pull over next to us and talk. So he slows down and parks behind me. The guy (late 20s) was really nice and knew a lot about cars. He then asks us if we want to go for another run. We say okay and I ask him to lead. So we all take off, I'm behind the CL and the Porsche is behind me.

We get into some twisties and I'm having trouble keeping up with the CL. Even when we hit straight aways I could barely gain on him. So after this second run we stopped (my brakes were smoking at this point) again and talked a bit. The driver of the CL popped the hood so we could take a look at that monster of an engine, 365 HP!!!! After some car talk and checking out all the cars we all decided it was time to go. The CL55 took off and my friend and I headed home.

So to compare all the cars: First of all, those CL55s can f$cking handle (275s in the rear) and they are FAST. My friend in the Porsche had no problem staying with me in the turns, obviously. But I was a bit faster in the straits. So anyways, just wanted to share my long and fun adventure!!!!

And please, save the flames. I don't do this often, it was about 1 a.m. There was no one on the roads except for us and it's my car and if I want to take the risks of crashing it into a mountain or sliding off of a cliff it's my problem. Thanks. :-)
Old 07-31-2001, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No flames, dude your enjoying your car as long as you did't jeopardize anyone elses life

You did nothing wrong... Now if you drove like a pansy arshe, then you should get beat =) ... Glad to see you had a good time..
Old 07-31-2001, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto .
Old 07-31-2001, 05:23 AM

The CL55 is one super duper sexxxxxxy car.... Wow... Ive only seen one in the wild...
Old 07-31-2001, 05:29 AM

Default If you think that is fast, make sure you don't mess with this mercedes

<ul><li><a href="http://www.renntechmercedes.com/splash/cars/clk/clkgtx.html">http://www.renntechmercedes.com/splash/cars/clk/clkgtx.html</a</li></ul>
Old 07-31-2001, 05:29 AM

Default These stories are making me jealous ;^)

I say when u know who gets their u know what back we go for a Bear Mtn run....I know Drew is with me...whadduya say pansy arshe?!?
Old 07-31-2001, 05:32 AM

Was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor, no! Whose with us?!!!!
Old 07-31-2001, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Damn!!! Everybody needs one of these!
Old 07-31-2001, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

TOGA TOGA TOGA
Old 07-31-2001, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If you people wanna be slapped around like red headed step children, sure =)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mercedes CL55 AMG , Porshce 996 C2, and my S4 go at it in the canyons!!!!!