S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Mine's in port in Boston waiting for a part.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-1999, 10:22 AM
Still Waiting

Default Mine's in port in Boston waiting for a part.

I just found out my supposed to be delivered end of August S4 has just arrived in Boston. FINALLY IN THE COUNTRY!! Of course there is a problem, it is waiting for a part, they think a temperature sensor. They said it will be in port for a couple of weeks. Anyone else heard of any delays in port???
Old 09-28-1999, 10:37 AM
Roy

Default Re: Mine's in port in Boston waiting for a part.

Dealer says mine is at port, has been since last week when I paid for the car. He won't say, or does not know, why.
Old 09-28-1999, 10:57 AM
dhodory

Default Same story here . . . bad temperature sensor (exterior, I think). No news as to delivery date!

What kills me is that my dealer said they had this part in stock, but the vehicle at port is waiting for the part to arrive from Germany!!! AoA, how about a little common sense here? Unless there is some stupid (READ: gov't) regulation that prevents the car from either being repaired at the dealership or being repaired at port with a part from the dealership . . . get with the GAME! There are a lot of (wavering) loyal Audi enthusiasts out here who want our DAMN CARS. For God's sake, you've had most of our deposits for at least 3 - 9 months now. Would it KILL YOU to get on the customer service bandwagon and figure out a faster way to get us our cars.

Too much dianabol . . . sorry.
Old 09-28-1999, 11:06 AM
pete

Default Me too, trim piece supposedly arrived...

put my deposit down a hoffman in march, #2 car. They've already rec'd and delivered four and I'm still waiting. Salesman doesn't want to call more than every few days and seem like a pest. Sold my 80 quat 2 weeks ago. No word on when it'll be here, could be another week, could be on truck now.
Old 09-28-1999, 11:23 AM
Kate

Default MineIsInBostonPortToo

The car has passed customs and inspections and all we're waiting for is the contractor to deliver the vehicle(s) to the dealership. Apparently, dealer has no control over this and when there's well, like 1000 cars parked in rows there, there's not much we can do. WE ARE SLAVES TO THE WHIMS OF THE DELIVERY DUDES...... My dealer said he was taking a carrier over to try to pick up cars for 3 of his customers(including moi) today or tomorrow depending on if the cars are accessible(i.e., not parked between 50 cars in a row). GOOD LUCK!!