S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

🔥New Purchase Prospect🔥

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 🔥New Purchase Prospect🔥

Greetings all, I am a new member and I look forward to growing my experiences/knowledge on here with all of your help.

I am in the market to make a new purchase and came across this; a 2001 S4, manual, black exterior with nagaro blue alcantara interior (very clean), 190,000 miles (daily driver 50mi/day, miles evenly spread throughout the years with the vast majority being highway miles), completely stock, original turbos, 4 spare wheels mounted with winter tires, spare set of new rotors and brakes, every maintenance record since the beginning of its life. All parts replaced when or before they should be and documented as such. All the big money items replaced recently (within the early to mid stage of wear) including heater core, timing belt, water pump, control arms, wheel bearings, clutch, etc. and documented. Garaged, rarely driven in snow. Zero rust.

The downsides include oil temp sensor light occasionally comes one, valve cover gasket needs to be replaced and cabin smells of oil when driven and there’s a slow air leak in the rear passenger side tire. Original turbos.
I got a chance to test drive and everything seems to have checked out. No noises between shifts (admitingly I never went above third) or when turning the wheel, turbos sound good, clutch is solid, all lights work, handled great and even has a pre purchase inspection allegedly from the prior interested party.

My question to you all (and any input is greatly appreciated and will be returned one day) is do you think this is worth $6k??