S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

NOS anyone?

Old 09-04-2001, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS anyone?

Okay, seems as if I have a pretty serious buyer for the Supra. So if everything works out I should have either a '01 or '02 S4 by the end of the month (or possibly next). I've been checking this board usually once per day and really never see NOS mentioned. It was pretty popular on Supras (although I never used it). How many of you s4 guys squirt the juice? It's definetly something I'll be thinking about. I know many people who spray on many different types of automobiles and all are "O.K." as long as you have a proper amount of fuel and don't use too big of a shot. On Supras a 75-shot is considered pretty safe when running 18-22psi w/ the stock turbos/stock fuel. How good is the fuel system in the Audi? What size injectors?
Old 09-04-2001, 12:00 PM

Default there are a lot of other mods I would do before nos, come to think of it, i would not do nos.

I've heard a few things about s4's with nos, none of which were positive..
Old 09-04-2001, 12:02 PM

Default there was this A4 in European car that had NOS,

other than that one, i've never heard of anyone using it.
Old 09-04-2001, 12:12 PM

Default NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems, not the same as N2O = Nitrous Oxide. Just FYI...

N20, "Nitrous", "Juice", "Squeeze", Nitrous Oxide are the generic name. NOS or Nitrous Oxide Systems is a company that makes the most commonly used N20 system.

Ahhh, not that I've used N20 or anything like that. =P

Pat, your turn...
Old 09-04-2001, 12:14 PM

Default Re: NOS anyone?

First off, unless you have just seen the movie "The Fast and the Furious", it's nitrous, nitrous oxide or n2o :-) NOS is a brand name.

There are 3 popular choices in port fuel injection nitrous setups; dry, wet or direct port fogger. A dry kit sprays only nitrous into the throttle body and uses the stock fuel injectors to add additional fuel (by either tricking the MAF or jacking fuel pressure up using the stock fuel pressure regulator). A wet kit sprays fuel+nitrous together into the throttle body. A fogger sprays nitrous+fuel (or sometimes nitrous only!) directly into each intake port, very close to the stock injector location.

I run a wet kit on a car of mine (not an S4) and it's a great way to add a huge amount of power :-) Nitrous Express sells a generic EFI wet kit that's adjustable from 50-150hp. I heard a rule of thumb when using nitrous, don't go over 40% of engine HP in nitrous use. Of course this doesn't apply to race cars, but is a good guide in a street car.

Don't forget to add in things like fuel pressure safety switches, timing retard boxes when spraying, window switches and ignition boxes (for the soft rev limiter).

Some of the companies that sell EFI nitrous kits...

Texas Nitrous Technology - www.texasnitroustechnology.com
Nitrous Express - www.nitrousexpress.com
Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS!) - www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/NOS.html
Zex - www.zex.com

Those are all I could think off of the top of my head. Hope that helps :-)
Old 09-04-2001, 12:30 PM

BRAVO! Please pass this PSA on to other automotive forums. That whole NOS thing is so annoying!
Old 09-04-2001, 12:53 PM

Default makin me look like a fool!!

damnit. i reread my post. the one in european car did have NOS, but then i wrote it again. i meant to say nitrous oxide.
Old 09-04-2001, 01:15 PM
Foo
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Actually... a couple of folks on this board are stealth N20 users...
Old 09-04-2001, 01:34 PM

yah but NOS is pretty generic now too. Kinda like "Band-Aid" or "ClearBra"
Old 09-04-2001, 01:39 PM

Yep, "Xerox Machine", "Kleenex" and my favorite: "IBM Compatible". =)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NOS anyone?