S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Is this an off-topic forum? Because it sure seems like it.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this an off-topic forum? Because it sure seems like it.

Granted, I am a noob on this forum, but I have moderated other car forums and felt that this had to be said. I do this in hope of improving the overall quality for all members, including myself, since I just now purchased an S4. Regardless I know people will flame me anyway, so go ahead. It only further validates my argument.

I posted initial questions because I had difficulty SEARCHING for the answers. Why? Because almost every post concerning an issue at hand is laced with sarcasm, jokes, and absurd resolutions. It makes searching for actual answers frustrating and much harder than it has to be. Last I recall, a forum was a place to assist people, while working together to obtain a common goal.

However, there have been a few members that have actually came out and helped me a lot, sending me valid links, and direction. To those people, I thank you. I wish there were more of you guys to go around.

Anyway, I really did have higher expectations, being that the S4 and Audi's in general isn't a vehicle quite accessible to adolescent and immature teenagers. However, in some aspect, this forum hasn't been much different than some honda forums.

Anyway, don't know if anyone GAF, but if this post helps even a tiny bit, then its served its purpose.

Thanks for your time.

-Dan
Old 02-18-2004, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sir, this post should be marked as off-topic...

and the search feature is not hard to use. Really. I remember a time of n00b-dom, and an afternoon's worth of research yielded answers to everything I could ask.

www.s4biturbo.com is another resource which answers many FAQ type questions.

I disagree with what you are saying, but you have the right to express your feelings. I also have the right to laugh at a n00b with a 70000+ UID complaining that he can't find answers because of too much joking and sarcasm. Funny.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You know what really fu*king pisses me off

Every forum I am on everyone compares it to a god dam honda forum. Have you ever read honda-tech? That forum has more information than this forum will ever have. It is also a hell of a lot more mature then audiworld, vortex and so on. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you go and bash honda forums.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:46 AM

Default chill, it's a generalization

Did I say "every"? I have read those forums. I come from those forums as well. I used it as a stereotype strictly from a targeted audience standpoint. No need to overreact bud.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Maestro

Default no, and if that's how you feel about this forum, stay as far away from AWOT as you can

they will eat you alive
Old 02-18-2004, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

AWOT is my humor for the work day... I love it!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default .

Get used to it. There isn't much new information these days, almost everything has already been discussed. Do you like answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again? It gets tiresome.

Also, I'd say that this place is more like a middle school than a fourm; there are cliques, fights, and a certain social hierarchy. This forum is really unlike any other fourm I've seen, I think the almost chat room nature of the format helps with that.

A lot of us are friends off line and a lot of us joke around, if you can't stand the sarcasm and jokes, you should probably leave now or grow thicker skin. Instead of asking a question for the eighteent millionth time, perhaps you might want to ask what to search for. State that you did a serch and you couldn't come up with the answer. We'll probably help you out. None of us want to spoon-feed a whiney b!tch who just happend upon our happy little group here.

Let me be the first to apologize that we did not "meet your expectations", but I'm not sure what you expected, this is a group of over 70,000 members and many of us aren't at the beck and call of the next n00b that walks through the door. Congrats on your S4, it's a great car.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Sir, this post should be marked as off-topic...

Ofcourse you have the right to do anything you want. That's your prerogative. I know what my member ID is. Sarcasm may seem funny to most veterans, but hope you can understand that it can be ridiculously confusing to a noob, which is why it doesn't really belong there, IMHO.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Expert

It's a stupid one.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wow.

First time I've seen you compliment the S4. ;-)

Quick Reply: Is this an off-topic forum? Because it sure seems like it.