S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Is this an off-topic forum? Because it sure seems like it.

Old 02-18-2004, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "cry me a river" forum?
Old 02-18-2004, 08:01 AM

Default so my aspirations are too high?

So should we just let things get worse and worse, until all helpful information is buried behind a wall of sarcasm? As I said, I moderate forums where we keep the jokes and sarcasm strictly seperated from the facts and help. That's what I'm accustomed to to, so will try on this forum too, despite my member ID
Old 02-18-2004, 08:03 AM

Default Re: How long did you read the forum before you made your first post?

On and off for 5 months. I was given this link from audizine.com. That's how long I was patiently waiting to look for the best S4 that I could find.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:05 AM

Default Re: no, and if that's how you feel about this forum, stay as far away from AWOT as you can

I don't think that would be the right attitude. Those that only take form the forum without giving back defeats its purpose.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:08 AM

Default Sorry, you're right.

I had considered it, but I wanted certain people to read this, especially the ones that don't seem to care, and hider more than they help.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default As for expectations, your last post was about security mods...

You shouldn't "expect" to get straight answers on here about that...at least until people get to know you more. No sense in divulging secrets that can help joe-anybody who reads this forum break into our cars. Find some S4 owners in your area and talk to them about it.

Until then, the sarcasm and jokes come with the territory. Sorry it's not what you expected. But there's a lot of good information on here. Most of your answers can be found without even posting...just have to be a good searcher.

--morgan
Old 02-18-2004, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Do you do that with your friends? Do you sit down and say, "Ok guys, today were going to have a

serious conversation, tomorrow we can joke around about how I can only get fat chick to sleep with me."? No, you mix it up, a little from column A, a little from column B. Learn to filter sarcasm and you'll be fine.

One of the reasons there isn't much tech talk on this forum is that most of it has been discussed, there are a few cool things in the works, but the vast majority of the chatter on this forum is people messing around. Some of us really know about the car, some of us think we know about the car, and some of us will be clueless no matter what. Figure out who those people are (it's not that tough) and that small bit of information will allow you to filter 90% of the useless crap that gets posted.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:10 AM

well put
Old 02-18-2004, 08:12 AM

Default Re: .

"Do you like answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again? It gets tiresome."

As I said, I moderate other car forums, and know where your coming from. However, the vets should know better than to flame a newbie, especially after they already tried to search. It's easier to search for something when you already know the answers. You know which posts are valid, which are not. Newbies don't have this luxury, thus they ask questions. It's inevitable, and the jokes+sarcasm only makes it harder.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:14 AM

~p\/\/n+

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this an off-topic forum? Because it sure seems like it.