S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Ok, I have a question. Please help. (NOT TBB :)

Old 05-19-2000, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, I have a question. Please help. (NOT TBB :)

Going along at abour 50, when the light turns yellow. I decide to try and make the light, but then commone sense kicks in. I dont slam on my brakes, I press firmly, and start to press harder as I get closer to the light. Now, as I am stopping the wheel seemed to jerk or something and there was a loud clunk. As I am sitting at the light, something just didnt seem right. When the light turns green, I start to accelerate, and it seems like there isnt the same amount of power there was there before. Like, I know the power is there, it just takes a little bit longer to kick in, like, its hard to explain. I am kinda worried about it. I havent really driven my car hard, I couple 0-60 runs, and maybe up to 80 like twice a day, but nothing really hard. The car has about 320 miles on it now. Is there a problem, or am I just being paranoid? BTW, the car is a Tiptronic. Please help!
Old 05-19-2000, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It has a built in sensor...

Isn't it obvious that your S4 recognized the fact that you're just having too much fun at such a young age & it's parental sensor has kicked in to limit the amount of power that you have at your disposal! 8^)

Seriously though, don't sweat it too much. If it persists, just take it to the dealer...any problems will be covered by warranty.

P.S. - you should've got a 6spd. ;-)
Old 05-19-2000, 01:11 PM

Default Timmy, I think one of your training wheels fell off...

Don't you have homework to go do?
Old 05-19-2000, 01:24 PM

Maybe thats what happened? Its Friday, HW doesnt start till Sunday...
Old 05-19-2000, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default oooohhh...that wasn't very nice...(more)

Seriously, don't be a dick...

Just because someone is young, it doesn't mean that they don't deserve to have a nice car, such as an S4. In my opinion, your privledge of owning such a car is based upon your passion for the automobile and the experience of driving it.

Based upon Tim's enthusiasm for the S4 and his participation in this forum, I would say that Tim is more than worthy of owning/driving an S4.

So back off...<p>Adam
'00 Brilliant Black S4 6sp
Old 05-19-2000, 01:39 PM
Elder Member

Default Re: oooohhh...that wasn't very nice...(more)

I'm going to agree with Adam here. I'm not going to give my age, but let's just say it's well below 25... well below 23, hell.. below 21. My parents had nothing to do with me getting into an S4... I took care of everything myself. I've worked for everything I've gotten thus far.. I actually grew up in what one might consider relative poverty. Not a single day goes by that I'm not thankful for everything I have.
Old 05-19-2000, 01:58 PM

Thanks for being nice guys, but I need answers! I am sooo worried about it!
Old 05-19-2000, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

That is the normal tiptronic weakness that I got flamed about mentioning earlier...it's normal
Old 05-19-2000, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

You'll learn to anticipate the CLUNK and somewhat avoid it.
Old 05-19-2000, 02:09 PM

Default I dont understand how it could be normal...the power just doesnt seem to be there...like I broke

I dont understand how it could be normal...the power just doesnt seem to be there...like I broke something when I was breaking, or something like that. I mean, it was quick before, and its quick now, it just seems to take longer to get "quick". I mean, it was fast, now its just "hold up, lemme catch my breath" fast. Also, there is a noticeable whine that I hear now, almost like a hiss. Please tell me its not a blown turbo, thats all I need.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ok, I have a question. Please help. (NOT TBB :)