AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/)
-   -   Okay largest dyno numbers for a stock internal S4? Can i get all the various numbers (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/okay-largest-dyno-numbers-stock-internal-s4-can-i-get-all-various-numbers-1603430/)

Milpitas2.7T 10-29-2006 12:33 PM

Okay largest dyno numbers for a stock internal S4? Can i get all the various numbers

Just curious as to how everyone's numbers look and whether we possibly have hit a wall with the stock unported 2.7 heads.

BTW yes I bought 2.8 heads and Mark@ASP will be doing some work, "work is still a bit in the future and i'm unsure of what we are going to do with them, component wise"

Tory

Mike2kS4 10-29-2006 12:38 PM

I think 500whp@EPL is about as big as it gets... How'd your car do?

SIMPPLY @ WMS 10-29-2006 12:42 PM

read Euro Tuner in the next few months ... all I can say AWE and TF are on top

Milpitas2.7T 10-29-2006 12:44 PM

don't have the details of that motor, so not sure if it applies. The numbers have leaked already

But some of the details of B's car have not.

Milpitas2.7T 10-29-2006 12:46 PM

Talk to Mark or Tony, i only have prelim info but no documents so not talking numbers yet

but Mark feels there is a restriction and I'm trying to find out if it's possible the intake plumbing or have we maxed out the 2.7 head in stock form.

Somewhere there appears to be a restriction, but initial numbers on pump "solid"

Mike2kS4 10-29-2006 12:54 PM

Yea...

Mark and I discussed a potential restriction and I'm pretty sure the TB is a potential restriction, mainly because of the merge of two streams after a 90deg bend.

The stock head ports are pretty generous for .45l cylinders, but the manifold does have a pretty small volume for your airflow.

Also, are you using the stock Y? The restriction may be on the compressor inlet side.

Milpitas2.7T 10-29-2006 12:55 PM

I'll make one more comment. The numbers on the car are nice, they are up there, thus the above

question.

however my G's seem a bit low and thus the statement of a possible restriction.

Milpitas2.7T 10-29-2006 12:59 PM

Thanks for the thread, very cool and good to know..

I think that car is now dead though right? They are going to the GT25's I heard, since they couldn't get the GT28's running properly.

But good HP, good traps.. Too bad it has seemed to have gone away!!

Again thanks for the thread, would be interested in more details regarding it's intake plumbing then.

And the numbers are on race gas, soo will see when that comes around :)

Milpitas2.7T 10-29-2006 01:01 PM

Yes stock Y, talked to him about that as well.. but with the post above on the ATP car

I would like to get more information on it to see.

But 600+WHP on race gas, that's good!!! with stock internals etc (which is what I was shooting for, not the # but keeping things relatively stock).

so need to find out about it's configuration!!

nice, getting excited

Milpitas2.7T 10-29-2006 01:09 PM

I said wasn't shooting for that number, just to see what our engines could handle.

I need to talk to those ATP boyz, you don't have any other info other then the posts do ya?

Would like to see a pic of the motor, look at it's intake plumbing and throttle body (manifold setup)

thanks again!!