S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Pearl and other potential new S4 colors (casablanca white?). Help me see the light

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2000, 10:16 AM
leslie

Default Pearl and other potential new S4 colors (casablanca white?). Help me see the light

colors.

I'm currently in a Silver/Onyx, and am considering selling for Pearl/Silver. I've seen DMoore's pics, but would like to see other Pearl pics (onyx okay), in particular with the stock wheels and a front and back shot. Can anyone do this or have these? (Yes, I've searched archives)

Does anyone know of this combo on a lot perhaps? I'd want convenience, cold, and Bose too (other options flexible). And since I'll be traveling out of region I'd like to get it from somewhere which is offering some discount off MSRP and a hopefully "reasonable" drive from OR.

I'd consider ordering from my dealership again, they've been great, but are a MSRP only place and there is currently--get this--a waiting list to ORDER an S4! Anyone else hear of a dealership w/ that situation, besides Sunset Imports? (Given this case I think I could sell mine w/ 1600 mi. at MSRP).

I do like the Casablanca white, too. I'm guessing if the 2001 model comes out, this would likely be a color added (and maybe cactus and hibiscus get axed?) Pure speculation here. Anyone else concur? Does anyone foresee any valuable changes to S4 from MY 00 to 01?

Any and all help appreciated!!

Silver ain't bad, but I would have ordered Pearl way back had I known I could've.

Thanks all,
leslie '00 Silver/Onyx/never quite satisfied...
Old 01-21-2000, 10:23 AM
Reggie

Default I would guess that the 2001s will have more color - but I doubt we will see a new S4 when the new

model/body is released. Any inputs from Audi folks on this?

After all BMW does not release M models till much later in production for new models.
Old 01-21-2000, 11:31 AM
DMoore

Default I doubt you'll beat MSRP on pearl white

The few dealers who've gotten them in seem to recognize their scarcity. Mine told me that right after I gave him a deposit, someone offered $5K OVER MSRP for the same car. (And I believe him... yeah, right.) But they recognize they've got something unusual.

The first PW cars all seemed to have same equipment: onyx, convenience, Bose and cold weather. Just lately, one or two have turned up with silver interiors. But I think the conv., Bose and cold packages remain pretty much standard.

Happy hunting!

DMoore
'00 S4
Old 01-21-2000, 12:35 PM
Greg

Default Re: I doubt you'll beat MSRP on pearl white

Not true. I just got my Pearl White/Silver for 2K under MSRP. The car stickered for $42,050, I got the car for around $40K. It's got everything but Nav and CD changer. My dealer had 2 pearl cars, one silver interior, one onyx. The pearl white/silver combo is a knockout in person. Personally I found the onyx interior dull in comparison, so I took the silver one. Great car, I love driving it. I was going to get silver myself until I stumbled across the pearl white.

I'll try to get some pics if I have time.
Old 01-21-2000, 12:54 PM
leslie

Default where, where, where? :)

What dealership specifically and city? The two pearls you are speaking of, are they still available? I'm assuming not. Did they charge you for $1200 for paint, and you have the phone? Seems low, considering I paid just under $41 and don't have phone or nav or changer.

I'll be watching for your photos (and while I'm asking I'd love to see ones showing interior and exterior in one)! Hope your weekend is open.

Thanks for your response,
leslie
Old 01-21-2000, 03:34 PM
mrw

There is a used Peal 00 S4 on autotrader.com
Old 01-21-2000, 07:05 PM
John P

Default Pearl?

Sorry for my newness to the S4 board, but are Pearl S4's available now? How similar is this color to the Casablanca white? Is this the same color that Audi used to offer on the A4 until a few years ago? Any pics?
Old 01-21-2000, 10:30 PM
Slyvr

Pearl/onyx/tip on same DE lot where I picked up my Silver/silver/tip last night(nt)
Old 01-22-2000, 10:35 AM
Cameron

Default The Audi Exchange has a pearl white S4...

... they're willing to let it go for less than MSRP. They're rare to many, but desirable to few.
Old 01-22-2000, 11:02 PM
leslie

Default Re: The Audi Exchange has a pearl white S4...

Where is the Audi Exchange? Is this a dealership? Sounds like a website or something else. I'll look for it otherwise. Thanks for the tip, do you happen to know options? Manual or tip? I'm in manual now. Like it, but would like to try a tip just to see.

thanks,
leslie