S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Read it, why not, you have nothing better to do

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
kirbstalon

Default Read it, why not, you have nothing better to do

Well, this past week I decided to make some changes to the S4 just for the hell of it.
(I have pics of the car and my buddys GTO, please someone tell me how to post them, I dont have an online pic poster.)( I also have video of two of the problems listed below, how to i host?)

I painted the stock rims gunmetal with plenty of clear coat, so they still shine a little, and dont look like dirty stock rims.

I was going to sand down the chrome TIP cover and make it look like brushed aluminum, but it turned out still too shiny, so I painted it a very high gloss black. Then I decided the wood surround didnt look too good with the black so I painted it black with some rubberized undercoating for cars, and it turned out perfect. Almost matches the texture and color of the black plastic trim perfectly, plus its grippy, so you can put your phone on it without it sliding around.

Then I finished my RS4 lower grill work to match the sides that I had done a while ago. And realigned my bumper because it was lopsided and sticking out to one side. Now it fits perfect.

I finished my blacked out look but tinting my windshield, 35%, and the rest of the windows 15%. They look nice with my blacked out taillights.

I have a Miltek 3in exhaust, and I always hated how quiet it was, so I took it to my local muffler shop and had them cut out the mid muffler and weld in a straight pipe. Now it sounds perfect. The way this car should sound.

And I have the APR 93oct chip, but I recently found out it was version 3.0, so I sent it to APR to have it updated to Version 5.0 and have the Stage 2+ program put in since im doing piggies next.

Now for the questions:

What changes were made between 3.0 and 5.0 on the APR software? more power? smoother? anything?

What exactly does their stage 2+ program do?
more power? bypass 02 sensors? allow no cats?

When I had the exhaust done, the guy made the pipes so that the exhaust/air is not flowing smoothly. The end of the straight pipe going toward the muffler goes over the piping to the muffler. Im going to have him fix this because it is not smooth inside the pipe, and chances are, water will sneak in that gap and rust out the exhaust.

Is this hurting my car right now? power loss? turbos angry?

I also noticed that since the work I did when I turn the key, the engine comes on right away, as do all the check lights in the cluster, but my tach takes 1-2 seconds to jump to life. In other words, the car comes on right away, but the tach doesnt move for a couple of seconds. Whats wrong? Anbody else have this after new chip programs or exhaust work?

What would be ticking very loudly upon cold startups on the passenger side back part of our engines? Sounds like the back of the valve cover.

Are there any ways to check a timing belt to see its condition? Or any sounds it might make when aging?

I have searched the archives for days, and decided I need your help. Thanks
Old 11-27-2006, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow...dont even know where to start...hrrmm...you tinted your WINDSHIELD?
Old 11-27-2006, 05:55 PM

I was gonna bite but couldn't figure out what word to start my subject line with. Wow was good.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Expert

exactly
Old 11-27-2006, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default See the thing at the top of the forum that says post picture?

Clicky on that and then upload them to your "picposter"

From here you can post one at a time for noob's by simply coying and pasting the link given when you upload in the area at the bottom of a post that says "optiona; Image URL"

I would LOVE to see some pics
Old 11-27-2006, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That's about what I was thinking......