S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Recomendations on purchasing an S4 in the DC area.

Old 09-14-1999, 11:55 AM
Scot Kight

Default Recomendations on purchasing an S4 in the DC area.

Looking for experience with any of the audi dealerships in the dc area. There are a few more in va that I am aware of, and I am not unwilling to drive a bit to get to a good dealer. I just want to start off right, one with good sales people and good support staff.

I also know how different salespeople can be great or terrible at any dealer, so if you have any specific recomendations please help me out. Now, is this s4 specific? Well yes. I have made up my mind. I will be getting an S4.

Since this may or may not be of interest to the forum, email response is fine. But then again, there might be other people in the dc area who would benifit from this experience.

Also, anyone know of any discounts being offered? I know the price is going to be somewhere around msrp, if they can sell it at a high rate, why not. But some dealerships just really care. They want long term relationships and will give money off even if they dont absolutely have to.

Scot
Old 09-14-1999, 12:38 PM
Another Drew

Default Heishman's...

I didn't buy my original A4 there but I've taken it there for all my services. Bob McElwee was very helpful, sometimes too helpful. He used to be in the service department but he's now on the sales floor.

I've heard that Heishman's is very supportive of the local QCUSA. Jon Linkov could give you more details and I also believe he's likes Heishman's also.

Drew
/with the normal disclaimers..I don't work for Heishman's.....
Old 09-14-1999, 12:48 PM
Warren Wang

Default Second that

nt
Old 09-14-1999, 12:51 PM
AvramD

Default Heishman's & Tischer comments

I almost ordered an A4 from Heishman's. I worked with Chick Stanton. He's an older guy, very nice, and not very pushy. They only reason I didn't order it there was that I moved to Connecticut. They offered me $1500 over invoice on an A4.

Tischer offered me the best deal - $1400 over invoice on an A4. They're a high volume dealer, so you've a better chance of getting a car sooner if you go through them. I found the sales guy who helped me really pushy. That's why I decided not to go with them.

Then I cancelled my A4 order in CT for an S4 order 8-)

I have no idea what these places will do on deals for an S4, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they'd be willing to deal.

They probably have enough allocations w/ the volume they do that if you said "look, I can already get one for MSRP at a dealer closer to me, why should I go with you?" then at the end of the 20 minute lecture on how great they are, they'd probably offer you a small discount - maybe $500.

Honestly though, I have a hard time imagining a situation where $500 one way or the other would be a deal breaker on a $40k car.
Old 09-14-1999, 02:48 PM
Jim De Arras

Mine's on order at Heishman's! I think they have an unclaimed silver S4 coming in before mine.
Old 09-14-1999, 05:14 PM
soons4owner

Default Mine's on order at Heishman's!I think they have an unclaimed silver S4 coming in before mine.

i have the silver one should be here any day.
Old 09-14-1999, 05:56 PM
Jim De Arras

Sorry, it was a blue one! I missread the list!
Old 09-14-1999, 06:18 PM
Another Drew

Default What list do you have?

Have you taken the first car that they're getting, a silver with silver alcan, bose, changer, convien, and winter?

And what's this "list" that you're looking at?
Old 09-14-1999, 07:14 PM
fAdI

Default I'm in the DC market for an S4 also

Want a Silver one..although the blue is tempting..
Any one done the research? what's the S4 situation in the DC area?
Paid MSRP?

I haven't called me dealer in a while .. Rockvill Audi
Old 09-15-1999, 07:04 AM
Jim De Arras

Default If I told you, I'd have to kill you! ;-)

No, I am not getting the Silver one, mine's Yellow, being built next week!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recomendations on purchasing an S4 in the DC area.