S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

regarding the Nogaro vs. Santoring blue. I'd like input from those who've seen the Nogaro...

Old 09-13-1999, 09:50 AM
Conker

Default regarding the Nogaro vs. Santoring blue. I'd like input from those who've seen the Nogaro...

I wanted the Santorin because I have seen it on the A4 and I like it. Also, the car is more low profile and I use my car for business, so it would look a bit more low key/professional. I am not sure now about the Nogaro because I saw more pictures (thanks to those who posted) and more/different pics in European Car. I picture the Nogaro as the attention getting blue. Am I wrong? I know it's annoying when someone asks, "what color should I get" because if they were meant to have the car, their gut would tell them. I just haven't seen the Nogaro and wanted to know what the sentiment was.
thanks, sorry ramble.
Conker '00 Santorin on order, maybe change to Nogaro to get car sooner
Old 09-13-1999, 10:01 AM
CraigL

Default Both are nice.. (more)

Santorin is definetly more "low-key" than Nogaro, that's for sure. Nogaro is a very interesting blue -- much different than anything I've seen. I'm not so sure if it's an attention-grabber, though.

-Craig
'96 A4 12v
'00 S4 (Nogaro Blue -- next week!)
Old 09-13-1999, 10:02 AM
Steve S.

Default Nogaro is definitely more attention getting...

Santorin would be more professional

Steve S.
97 2.8QM
Old 09-13-1999, 10:11 AM
Oscar

Default The nogaro looks more aggressive than the santorin

Old 09-13-1999, 10:33 AM
Todd W

Default Can't be as bright as Pelican Blue

My impression of Nogaro is that it is closer to Santorin than Pelican (who ever saw a blue pelican?), but not by a lot. Santorin is too dark and shows dirt too much for my tastes. On the A4 Santorin, Melange and Hibiscus are my picks for the most conservative colors - not in that order.

For me Santorin is too dark and Pelican is too light, but I'm in my 20's and don't care what others think. You might prefer Santorin if you can keep it clean.

Definitely get the Onyx interior, the others aren't remotely close to conservative.

Todd W
Old 09-13-1999, 10:48 AM
Derek Daily

Default Nogaro is "look at me"...

Have forgotten BMW's name for the M3 blue, but IMO (and that IS what you're asking...) that type of rich color really lets others know that you're driving a "sports performance" vehicle. I would classify the Nogaro in the same mold.

Personally, I'm torn between the same color decision. As a long time audi enthusiast, I am having a difficult time NOT choosing the Nogaro due to the history of that color with audi's highest performance vehicles.

But the married, professional side of me is saying that Santorin would be a much wiser choice for entertainment...not to mention "reduced revenue enforcement." Only drawback to the Santorin is the dark color and its propensity to show scratches and swirls...

It is a tough call...

Interior choices are made more complex as there is "no way" SHE will allow the blk/blue interior. But the blk/slvr is acceptable (NA on Nogaro). After seeing the grey maple trim I prefer the wood surrounding the gear shift area, as the Al has only the black plastic in this area. Wood is defintely on the "classic" side...

Hmmm....

Derek Daily
90 Coupe Quattro
00 S4?
Old 09-13-1999, 12:06 PM
Stephen Jackson

Default Re: regarding the Nogaro vs. Santoring blue. I'd like input from those who've seen the Nogaro...

I would have considered the Santorin Blue, except my wife has the color on her 1999 1.8TQ. I want to be able to tell the apart in the garage! My current 1998 2.8Q is laser read and that has always been a little to bright.
Old 09-13-1999, 02:02 PM
Doug

Default Nogaro Blue is similar to VW's Jazz Blue...

That is the closest factory paint to compare it to, however, the Nogaro is stunningly bright, almost fluorescent. I love the color personally, but then again, I love flashy colors.

-doug
Old 09-13-1999, 05:14 PM
javier mirandes

Default Re: regarding the Nogaro vs. Santoring blue. I'd like input from those who've seen the Nogaro...

Get the nogaro..both are beautiful but the Nogaro lloks like a sports car and the other as a luxury sedan - still beautiful but they send very different messages. Just saw them both!
Old 09-14-1999, 05:49 AM
Andy

Nobody wants nogaro blue anymore here in Switzerland. It was a trendy colour a few years ago, when it first appeared on the RS2, but people seem to get tired of it now. It's almost impossible to sell a used A4 or S4 with nogaro right now.
The "hot" colours in Europe are volcano black, ming blue and light silver, plus the new "trend" colour achat grey.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: regarding the Nogaro vs. Santoring blue. I'd like input from those who've seen the Nogaro...