S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Rojo or other bodyshop peeps. What is your experience with the BASF Diamont system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rojo or other bodyshop peeps. What is your experience with the BASF Diamont system?

The shop I'm taking my car to said these are the paints and process they use.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 51 Posts
Default What happened to yours?

Threadjack....update on JoeStewart, if you're interested...

I just showed up last Friday (she wouldn't return my calls), the proposed finish day (2 weeks from when I dropped it off) and I told her I <b>need</b> the car for the weekend. Big storm blew out all the power in Memphis last week and I'm still without power...but I had to get outta Memphis. Of course it wasn't done, as they got the wrong part (mirror base)--imagine that!! So I'm missing a mirror, the mid-door molding, and my rear interior door trim panel is off. Plus, there's white speckly **** <b>everywhere</b>. I did surprise them though, so I didn't expect it to be clean ...but I do expect that it will be extremely clean when finally finished, no? At any rate, they should be able to tie up the loose ends in one day....keyword should. We shall see. BTW, they had my wheel refinished....charged StateFarm $200, but she told me herself this guy is "cheap...like $50." Grrrrr, looks like they pocket $150 on that....they could've bought me a new wheel for less than $200 damnit!!! The actual work looks good, though I've not examined it really closely....nor washed it.

Andy
Old 07-30-2003, 09:42 AM

Default Uhaul truck lost a rear brake line and dumped fluid all over the front of my car :(

Your storyline now proves that Joe Stewarts is the worst bodyshop in Memphis yet everyone continues to carry their S Class, P-Car and Bmw to them. I've tried to rationalize it and all I can figure is most of the clients have more money than sense and a car is something that gets them to the country club and shopping malls. Someone in Memphis needs to beta-test a new bodyshop because the *** reaming you get from JS is pathetic. They prove the point that just because you have nice cars on the lot doesn't mean you know what you're doing. I simply think its the referral network they've established with the high-end word of mouth clients and their dealers. Sucks for the guy out there who could work circles around them but just doesn't have the reputation.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ewww....nasty.

You're right, it must be the word-of-mouth and the fact that they do have a lot full of $$$ cars. Wait, those would be the two reasons that <b>I</b> took my car there! They do good work, and they work on expensive ****. But they suck everywhere else (cust. service, scheduling, execution, time). I mean, we can start with the receptionist, who must have a Rolodex FULL of excuses to give customers when they call......

I almost don't even want to take my car back, for fear that, among other things, they'll either keep it another week or get the interior dirtier than it already is!!

Andy
Old 07-30-2003, 09:52 AM

Default Yeah and

after inspecting the paint very closely they are under the impression that the previous blending job that JS did to my fenders was "not very good" so they will sand through because they don't want their work lifting as JS's did. 2K worth painting
Old 07-30-2003, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Its there lower end paint system, under Glasurit
Old 07-30-2003, 10:14 AM

Default Next question. Can nogaro be replicated with this system?

What do you guys use?
Old 07-30-2003, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Glasurit, should be able to long as that line has a formula for it
Old 07-30-2003, 10:36 AM

Ok, thanks.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

:-/

Quick Reply: Rojo or other bodyshop peeps. What is your experience with the BASF Diamont system?