S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

S4: 4, Boxster: 0

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4: 4, Boxster: 0

On my way home from work Friday, I see behing me a black boxster with a fairly young (late 20's?) guy driving. He's going pretty good, so I'm sure I get in some runs with him, and show him what's up. He comes up on me, and I accelerate, passing him pretty easily. I slow up, and match his speed. I give a little gas (going about 2 feet in front of him) to let him know, and he floors it. I do the same, and absolutely destroy him! It had to be about 6-7 car lengths by the time we shut it down. I'm not sure if it was a Boxster S or not. The wing in the back was up, covering the badge. This happened about 3 more times, and after the last time, he lines up with me, and, staring at the car, then me, mouths (while pointing at the car) "That thing is f*ckin FAST!". He said this a few times. I gave the thumbs up, and he returns it. Pretty cool. Then, while we're cruising a Saturn (exhaust, wing - you know the type) sees him and tries to get a race. Well, we both destroyed him (obviously). I love taking those guys out; there's something very satisfying about that .
Old 07-15-2002, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Nice! I was greeted by 2 E46 M3's this morning. I don't think they were too happy with the outcome

from my Station Wagon ) One of them was cool though, and gave a wave and a thumbs up.

Later I had to stop to get gas at a rest stop. While filling up, a pick-up pulls in and begins filling. As I'm getting back into my car, he says "I thought for sure that Statey was going to get you and those 2 M's". I just kinda chuckled, as it was odd talking with a random guy that saw the three of us fly by. He complimented me on how quick I was (for some reason it seemed to be a surprise - don't know why and I continued on. He also waved as I took off A good morning commute indeed
Old 07-15-2002, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Heh. I saw a new M3 today too. He looked over as I went by...

I thought he was gonna run, but he just sat there. Oh well.
Old 07-15-2002, 06:20 AM

Default What mods do you have, Mark?

From what I've seen at the track, the new M3s are good for mid-low 13s in stock form, much quicker than an S4. The only mods I saw on your site were the bi-pipe and the catback.

I'm in the 'discovery' :-) phase right now regarding some mods for our S4 and would love to see the results of mods like catback, downpipes, etc. I'm almost afraid to chip the car, based on all the problems I've seen here and the fact that we don't keep cars very long (~2yrs).

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2002, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Sponsor

That SLK32 is beautiful.
Old 07-15-2002, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Re: What mods do you have, Mark?

I didn't necessarily say I was faster...

Check the link below to see how mods correlate to various drag runs...<ul><li><a href="http://www.s4biturbo.com/timeslips.html">http://www.s4biturbo.com/timeslips.html</a</li></ul>
Old 07-15-2002, 06:34 AM

Default Thanks!

I just polished/waxed it this weekend and now my wife is bugging me to 'fix up' the S4. Fine with me, I love tinkering! :-)

The SLK's 349 HP is nice for a pimpy roadster, I'd like to get the S4 up around the HP level of the SLK with some bolt-on mods.

I have to say, as much fun as the SLK is, I really enjoy driving the S4. I don't think I've ever been in a car that is more comfortable for long trips. I've done 1000+ miles in a single weekend without so much as an ache or pain in the S4.
Old 07-15-2002, 06:36 AM

Default Oh, sorry about that!

I thought your post was indicating a dual kill (which would be sweet :-)

Thanks for the link!
Old 07-15-2002, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Wow, I guess you like speed, eh? nice cars/bike. 97mph at 1/8mi is nice
Old 07-15-2002, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Non-S boxsters are not fast....but the handling....my god

I got to drive my dad's boxster around for a week. Not the quickest car, but very solid.

Mike

Quick Reply: S4: 4, Boxster: 0