S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

The saga nears an end! I just got a call from Intercity...my car ships tomorrow!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The saga nears an end! I just got a call from Intercity...my car ships tomorrow!!!!
Old 09-05-2001, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the story? Why did it take like 3 months for you car to ship from CA to NY?
Old 09-05-2001, 12:39 PM
RR
AudiWorld Super User

I got lucky...they picked my car up about 4 hours after I called them :-) NJ->DFW in 4 days
Old 09-05-2001, 12:47 PM
Elder Member

Congrats...maybe i'll see you cruisin around Edison next time i'm back in the NJ/NY area.
Old 09-05-2001, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, I started off with Horseless Carriage...

it seemed kinda weird that they only take like money orders or cash (or something stupid like that - all I know is they said they don't take credit cards???), but I figured what the hell, everyone recommends them, so I'll suck it up. I figured for the $1600 or so I was quoted and willing to pay, they'd be want to keep my business. Apparently I was wrong. I told them I'd like to have my car shipped in the 2nd week of July or so (at least after July 5th) and they said, 'sure, no prob.'

Instead, I get a call the 1st, saying they'll be by that night to get my car - I told them it's not ready, and I still needed my car (I'd be around for another week still). As soon as I tell the driver this, he starts goin off how unprofessional it was of me to schedule a pickup with them then tell them not to come after he was already on his way to my hood. Then he goes off about how he was't going to make any money b/c he wouldn't have a full truck. First of all, I'm not claiming to be a professional, these *******s are supposed to take my money and bring me my car when I ask them too - and not try to lay some stupid-*** guilt trip on me if it doesn't work out. Whatever. I decided I'd give em a second chance, so I told them to try again in the next week or so (whenever they'd have a truck making the trip).

3 weeks pass, and I get another call. This time it was not so much their fault - I tried to get my car shipped out before my bro went on vacation (he was going to pull the car out and give it to them), but he was already gone when this next truck was ready. I told them, sorry, but we'll have to reschedule once again, and once more I get truck driver bull**** how he's not gonna make any money cuz he couldn't pick up my car. **** it. I called the headquarters and cancelled the pickup all together - I had enough of their attitude.

I heard Intercity was also recommmended, so I gave them a call. They're ~$400 less than Horseless and take credit cards (I need more United mileage!), the only trade off is it's for a standby spot. So for the last 4 or 5 weeks I've been waiting for room on a truck goin this route. (Most of their trucks were tied up for the Pebble Beach show a couple weeks back, so that slowed things down some). It looks like there's room now, so I can finally get my car back.

I'm sure many have had positive experiences with Horseless, but I had a couple unfortunate situations and it set me back some - it happens. I'm not trying to come off sounding like 'they suck!' or anything like that, I just didn't think they deserved my business...That and opting for the cheaper stand-by option are why it's taken so long, but I'm finally seeing the light at then end of the tunnel.

Mike
Old 09-05-2001, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Intercity called me that first day and said they had room for my car too...

I was totally stoked, then the driver called me back and said the space wasn't big enough for my car. Dammit!