S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Sewickley Audi comes through again! 10 out of 10 for them:

Old 03-28-2002, 07:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sewickley Audi comes through again! 10 out of 10 for them:

I dropped my car yesterday morning for the 30K miles service plus a short list of little things that needed checked/changed:

-Fog lights would go off on their own. They replaced the high beam stalk (where the cruise control is) which was my suspicion to begin with as the fog dash light would go off when using the turn signal or when going to high beams (fogs would remain off after coming back to low beams).
-Power steering whine in cold mornings. Service invoice says they tightened a clamp..I wonder which clamp and if it means there was a leak??
-Windshield washer level warning has been on for months AND I filled the reservoir at least 3 times in that time. Invoice says the tech simply added liquid...weird...either the liquid I use doesn't trigger the sensor in the reservoir OR they 'fixed' it somehow (just checked and reservoir still has the blue liquid I use all the time -RainX, perhaps they just added their alcohol based one and that made the sensor 'read').
-Radio replaced. Wow, this new radio sounds better!. Not sure if it's my imagination or what but lows and highs seems to be so much better. I even had to lower both of them but will have to listen to some other CD to make sure of this (Hidden eq. was set at 5s, so after putting it back to what I had the old one it was excessive, had to lower couple of numbers as the highs and lows were a lot better).

They DID change the oil filter (I had marked the old one ) and I assume used the synth oil I brought.

Car was there all day long and wasn't ready until 5 or so. I would guess the stalk was what took them the longest.

Car was washed and they did a good job at that: no moldings affected and the wheels were pretty clean too. No damaged wheels or dents in the car. Interior was clean and no marks of greasy hands on steering wheel!

Overall I am and still remain pretty happy with them, would recommend and come back every time. Service advisor was nice and professional and I didn't need to go on a dissertation about my issues, a simple explanation did and he put everything down.

Guess they have received Top Honors for their service dept. for a reason.
I was about to give them a 9 as the cruise control would not engage, but then I realized the stalk was changed so the cruise control was in the Off position *duh* -mia culpa.

Thanks Sewickley Audi!
Old 03-28-2002, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, they rock.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:35 AM

Default Good to hear....

Do you have the Bose system? If so, they might not have recoded the radio to add the Bose filters. Good thing though. Radio sounds much better without them.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:42 AM

Yep, BOSE here, and probably that's what happened.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yup, they rock : )
Old 03-28-2002, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Good post!
Old 03-28-2002, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Beat you to it :-P
Old 03-28-2002, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm glad to hear you're finally getting the service you deserve though :) Your experience with DAY

was just absurd. Although my family still never had issues with them. It makes you think eh.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:58 AM

Default Actually, if he suddenly had far more bass and high end they probably took the filters out.

The base filters step on deep bass really hard. I had to turn mine EQ settings way down after I recoded my system to remove the Bose stuff.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:14 AM

Default Bose filters highs and lows so you get just mids...

So if he got a new radio, the default coding is the non-Bose. If the dealer recodes it to Bose they would be adding filters.

Different terminolgy to describe the same effect.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sewickley Audi comes through again! 10 out of 10 for them: