S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Since IMHO this forum is the most car centric of AW i would like some feedback on an idea...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Since IMHO this forum is the most car centric of AW i would like some feedback on an idea...

business idea i got on a red eye flight from seattle last night.

tia<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/other/msgs/5934142.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/other/msgs/5934142.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 08-30-2006, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Transportation Liason". Or "Used car dealer without the lot & overhead" ;p

Phuk it, nothing to lose. No capital needed (really). Try it out...
Old 08-30-2006, 03:51 PM

Default seriously, i could use my site... biz cards are cheap and word of mouth is very powerful

plus i can think of atleast 20 people right off the top of my head who would vouch. maybe put something on the site with feedback.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:55 PM

Default I say go for it I would be a client of such a service...If I knew about it and that would be the

only hurdle IMHO. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:02 PM

thank you for the feedback
Old 08-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor

...and if they don't like the car you tell them to buy or it's a lemon?
Old 08-30-2006, 04:27 PM

Default well dont like is pretty subjective... as for the lemon issue

i just added a post to a similar question, IMO most people willing to pay for such a service will be shopping for more expensive and therefore newer vehicles. here is a copy paste....

only becomes an issue if i give a thumbs up, and even then i could have a waiver of sorts explaining that my recomendations will be based off visual observations, data from the vehicle computer systems, dealer service records and as i mentiond possibly a service like carfax. all would be documented. so yes there would be some liability, yet as long as i am not basing the recomendation off a theory that i cant support and dont offer a garranty of sorts that it will be the bestest car ever i *think* i would be ok. thanks for that though, cause it made me think on that subject more indepth than i had before.

ohh also, from the angle of thought if a car doesnt have much info to be found... i.e. newer yet no service records from the dealer, very light carfax and i was forced to just relie on what i saw before me and the feel of the vehicle i would say skip. even though alot can be seen on a car if you know what to look for, its sketchy why newer cars, especially with valid or recently expired warranties wouldnt have good supporting data from a dealer.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:01 PM

Default Don't need to sell me, I've been down the road you're looking at, but you

have a great chance due to the lack of captial needed. Jump man, don't question yourself.

If you need some ideas or pro-cons contact me.

I'm more than willing to tell you what WONT work, and what is a good direction to go to succeed.

Only thing you have to worry about is losing pride, etc.

We all know that failure only makes us stronger in the long run. (Not saying that's what's going to happen, just giving you your worst case scenario).
Old 08-30-2006, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Actually not much unlike a home inspection service...

I'm in the midst of buying a house now and am well aware of how necessary that service is.

While not as big a purchase as a house, buying a car can be daunting for a lot of folks and I can see where having someone guide them through could add a lot of value.

I say go for it. Your fixed costs should be minimal especially since you already have the equipment and knowledge. And I see no issue if you include a caveat that your advice is purely such and based solely on your observations.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Having bought a few houses, I can tell from personal experience that it's ususally BS.

If you want a good home inspection, make freinds with a builder and give him a 6 pack to look at a house with you. Home inspectors that lubricate transactions get more phone calls.

Quick Reply: Since IMHO this forum is the most car centric of AW i would like some feedback on an idea...