S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

So glad I didn't get clustered...

Old 07-30-2001, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So glad I didn't get clustered...

I live 1 block away from the starting point for the W.LA Car meet. I was going on a hike that morning, but figured I'd check out the action down the street and maybe I'd join the run instead of climbing the mountain.

At 7:20am at the corner of 28th and Ocean Park, there 20-30 cars lined up on Ocean park to take a left on 28th into the parking area and I could see all the people milling about, all I could think was how large a cluster fuq this was going to be. All i could think was: fast cars, testosterone, and canyons = tickets and crashes. Look what happened...

Instead of going into the parking area, i took a right and headed W. on Ocean Park to head up to the trailhead in Ventura just off Yerba Buena Rd. near PCH.

Low and behold, after I finish my hike around 12:15pm and am dusting off my shoes for the drive back, I see the S4 group (8-10 cars, including a Maxima) tearing down Yerba Buena like madmen. In the serene mountains, I could hear the screeching tires and howling turbos. Y'all aren't any better than the buffoons on ACH...you just didn't get busted.

I'm not attending any more of these rides (I've done two, both I thought were too fast). I like driving through the mountains to enjoy the scenery and mountain smells, not the rush of testosterone and exhaust fumes. I enjoy sharing car tips, the love of cars, and the camaraderie, but I don't share the need to endanger others or myself.
Old 07-30-2001, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default buffoons on ACH eh?

dosen't sound like you were any better than us at one point....so you are now a born-again kinda guy.....no problem with that....just don't call us buffoons....i can get REAL nasty with ya! =)
Old 07-30-2001, 04:37 PM

Default Re: So glad I didn't get clustered...

Guess who?!?! It's the buffoon in the Maxima. I'm glad you enjoyed your hike, just hope the exhaust fumes and tire smoke didn't bother you too much...everyone has their preferences on events, we just happen to enjoy driving. No need to get all nasty and call us buffoons.
Old 07-30-2001, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pretty simple...

If you want to go fast, go towards the front. Slow, go towards the rear... I was towards the middle, and I can tell you that I definitely wasn't "over-driving" my car. I was having fun in 2nd gear and going through the turns (I've been on that road before, so I'm somewhat familiar with it).

I think people falling asleep at the wheel/driving drunk are more dangerous. Accidents can and do happen, but we're usually on empty roads where an incident with innocent bystanders isn't as high. Drag racing at a stoplight in Santa Monica would be more dangerous.

Plus, this is pretty much what drives are all about... To each their own, but there is no need for name-calling. =)