S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

So Jesster I heard you went with 10seconds4 software.........wonder if it's EPL or ASP.........?

Old 10-13-2008, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default You don't care if it's stolen? You do know that with a statement like that

you open yourself up to liability if it truely is stolen. Recieving stolen property is a crime AND having pirated software is also copyright infringment.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FWIW, nobody on here with 1/2 a brain would allow his opinion to alter their view of EPL. As I said

in my reply to Jesster, both you (via phone) and Dave (via email) provided excellent/responsive customer service to me after my "lowly" Stage II custom tune. Which is precisely why I will be returning to you for Stage III fueling/software at some point.

My biggest pet peeve on AW is people bashing shops that I personally know to be good.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh noes.

Below = FAIL.

Posted by: Jesster on 2008-10-13 14:23:19
Account #: 82607

Yes, it's true. I did decide to go with Marc's tune. Why? For a couple different reasons. First off, his kit has put out numbers that seem pretty ridiculous... in a good way (yes I've seen the timeslips, dyno sheets, and vids). <b>I could really care less if he "stole" the software from someone....</b> all that really matters to me is that my car runs well and runs hard.

Second, pricewise... you really can't go wrong. He was able to offer this kit for MUCH cheaper than anyone else and so I figured why not give it a shot. If I don't like it, it's not permanent.

Lastly, I have recieved 30 times better customer service from Marc than I have from any of the other fueling companies (excluding AWE and VAST, I have recieved awesome customer service through them even though I've never actually purchased their kit they are still willing to help out). I don't know how many times I've called ASP and emailed them with no call back and no email back. As for EPL, I emailed with Tony a while back and was ready to go with his kit, but then stopped getting email responses. And to be honest, if someone isn't willing to give me their time to sell their product, I'm not going to waiste my money on them. I've called Marc on many different occasions and he is always willing to help and is insanely fast with both email responses and phone responses and has been 10x more helpful than either ASP or EPL has ever been to me. And for that, he earns my business.

I don't mean to knock on ASP or EPL by any means... they both sell great products and seem like great guys. But based on the service I've recieved, neither has even touched close to the customer service Marc has shown me. That's just a fact and there is really nothing that changes it.

So flame away everyone, but when it actually comes down to it I am basing my decision on numbers I've seen, price, and customer service. Marc has won in all of those categories so it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

And the truth comes out..... Thank you Tony for clearing that up
Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice move Jay!
AudiWorld Super User

Default Okay, yeah you are correct.

I probably shouldn't have said that... because if it is in fact stolen, I really do not support that. But based on the facts I know and the people I've talked to... his software is 100% legit. I have never seen any proof that this software is stolen. If someone can show me even SOMETHING of hard evidence I will understand, but it seems like people just don't like Marc and are constantly looking for a way to attack him.... story of my life.
Former Vendor

I was cc'ed on the email to you. Im looking at it right now.
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "I could really care less if he "stole" the software from someone." = FAIL. That says a lot about

you. Srsly sh*tty attitude to have. And FWIW, EPL provided me EXCELLENT customer service for my lowly Stage II custom tune - both Tony via phone and Dave via email.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Countdown to Jesster's self baletion?

of this:

Answers inside:
Posted by: Jesster on 2008-10-13 14:23:19
Account #: 82607

In Reply to: So Jesster I heard you went with 10seconds4 software.........wonder if it's EPL or ASP.........? posted by debadgeds4 on 2008-10-13 14:09:32

Yes, it's true. I did decide to go with Marc's tune. Why? For a couple different reasons. First off, his kit has put out numbers that seem pretty ridiculous... in a good way (yes I've seen the timeslips, dyno sheets, and vids). I could really care less if he "stole" the software from someone.... all that really matters to me is that my car runs well and runs hard.

Second, pricewise... you really can't go wrong. He was able to offer this kit for MUCH cheaper than anyone else and so I figured why not give it a shot. If I don't like it, it's not permanent.

Lastly, I have recieved 30 times better customer service from Marc than I have from any of the other fueling companies (excluding AWE and VAST, I have recieved awesome customer service through them even though I've never actually purchased their kit they are still willing to help out). I don't know how many times I've called ASP and emailed them with no call back and no email back. As for EPL, I emailed with Tony a while back and was ready to go with his kit, but then stopped getting email responses. And to be honest, if someone isn't willing to give me their time to sell their product, I'm not going to waiste my money on them. I've called Marc on many different occasions and he is always willing to help and is insanely fast with both email responses and phone responses and has been 10x more helpful than either ASP or EPL has ever been to me. And for that, he earns my business.

I don't mean to knock on ASP or EPL by any means... they both sell great products and seem like great guys. But based on the service I've recieved, neither has even touched close to the customer service Marc has shown me. That's just a fact and there is really nothing that changes it.

So flame away everyone, but when it actually comes down to it I am basing my decision on numbers I've seen, price, and customer service. Marc has won in all of those categories so it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

So full of it..... I called and got u a quote on custom Epl software locally with w/m.....legit EPL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So Jesster I heard you went with 10seconds4 software.........wonder if it's EPL or ASP.........?