S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Son of a B&@#!! Thank you, D.C.'s finest.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Son of a B&@#!! Thank you, D.C.'s finest.....

Heading to work this morning--bright, sunny, beautiful Friday morning--get about 2 blocks from my house on the usual route to work, and suddenly, whirling lights and siren behind. Pull over, he must be after someone else; I'm moving maybe 15mph at the time. Nope, he pulls up right behind me. Takes his sweet friggin' time getting out of the cruiser, ambles up, and proceeds to lecture me on rolling through stop signs....which I'm basically sure I didn't do. I apologize, hand over license and registration immediately. Wait while he takes his time again.....hoping my squeaky-clean record and cooperation will earn me a warning. Guess not....he rolls back with a fifty-dollar ticket and tells me to sign. So I take my own time reading every line of the damned thing before signing, letting him stand by my door in the middle of a busy 2-lane road while I read....consider flipping it over to read the 3 paragraphs of tiny print on the back and letting him cool his heels some more; decide it's not worth my time. Hand it back; don't bother to look at his smug face. He turns and leaves without saying anything.

Dammit. How many points is that? Doubt it's worth contesting, but it's tempting to make that wonderful officer waste some more of his time with me, since there's obviously nothing else going on in D.C., the murder capital of the universe, that merits his attention. So much for 10 years without a moving violation and 6+ years without so much as a parking ticket.

Happy friday. :-(

- Dave
'01 Santorin/Silver/Stupid-*** ticket
Old 05-11-2001, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fight it! DC cops are notorious for not showing up.

Adjourn it once or twice and your almost sure to beat it.
DC cops don't show up for criminal cases, nevermind traffic tickets.
Old 05-11-2001, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I feel your pain...

7+ years of no speeding tickets, never another infraction or accident in 18 years of driving, took a speeding ticket to court last summer WITH lawyer, no joy; net result my insurance goes up approx. $450 for the next 6 years! Even the judge said the rules are absurd, but his hands were tied. I love Massachusetts!