S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Sport Interior or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2000, 11:32 PM
Pete

Default Sport Interior or Not?

I am going to order a Nogaro Blue S4, but am deciding what would look better in the interior. I really like the Onyx leather, but have seen some pics of the Blue Alcantra sport interior and have been really impresssed. I would appreciate if you all could give me some feedback on this matter.

Thanks,

Pete
Old 01-24-2000, 12:26 AM
Nogaro

Re: The leathers are great, but the Alcantra is the thing that makes S4 stands out.
Old 01-24-2000, 03:15 AM
George

Default Re: Sport Interior or Not?

I ordered an Onyx/Alcantra blue interior in my black S4. I still haven't seen the combo, two more weeks until I get the car, but I did see a Nogaro Blue S4 with the Alcantra blue interior.

Its definately something that sets the S4 apart. I liked it quite a lot, some people really hate it. Either way, you're probably going to get a strong reaction from people.

Have you tried checking local dealers for any with the blue interior? Maybe you can find one thats got a car that has come in for another buyer that you can look at.
Old 01-24-2000, 03:28 AM
Phil G.

Default Re: Sport Interior or Not?

I am very partial to the leathers, and think Nogaro/onyx or silver is great. The blue alacantra is strong, so I'd really advise that you see one in the flesh before you buy it. Just my $0.02.

Phil
Old 01-24-2000, 03:57 AM
Jim De Arras

Default Amen! Plus, I do not like leather alone. Too slick in long pants, too sticky in shorts, too hot in

summer, too cold in winter! The Alcantera feels like a cross between a very soft suede and a high quality fabric.
Old 01-24-2000, 05:09 AM
Chicago Joe

Default Normally I would agree with you, but...

Keep in mind I don't normally like leather seats...

A) I don't like the look of the alcantara
B) I think the silk nappa leather that Audi uses is a much better type of leather than most. It's fair nice to the touch, it's not slippery like most leathers are. I obviously don't know what it's like in the summer yet, though.
Old 01-24-2000, 07:23 AM
rickp

Default I've never had a problem with Audi's leather in Austin, Texas

Guys,

I've had three leather interior Audis in the past four years or so, including 100 degree summers. A leather interior would be hard to beat in terms of wear, feel, and prestige. I've had no trouble with the leather on hot days, even without window tint.

Rick
Old 01-24-2000, 10:10 AM
Chris Conner

Default Q: Alcantara care/upkeep

Hi,

I'm planning on ordering an S4 in the near future. As said on a few other posts, the alcantara leather really makes the S4 stand out. I think it looks good, but I'm concerned about upkeep and wear. Do you have to do anything special to take care of it, e.g. leather cleaners/treatments etc? Also, how does the color wear over time?

Thanks,

Chris