S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Ticket for "blue headlights."

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to court and embarass him to the judge like the idiot that he is.
Old 10-18-2001, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Not if you have Euros. Be careful. I've gotten a Non-DOT compliance ticket for my Euros on the VW.
Old 10-18-2001, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good lord!! I'm never visiting my brother in Irvine again. What kind of world do we live in?

Maybe a bunch of S4 owners should drive by the police station at night and freak this guy out.
Old 10-18-2001, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Having lived in Irvine for 5 years...

It is a factor. I have been pulled over twice now, in my car, and both times were for virtually insignificant reasons.

I have another friend who is 23/Asian, and he has been pulled over 6 times. I was with him during one of the times. The police officer stated that they were looking for 4 Caucasian males who had robbed a local store. All of the poeple in the car were Asian...

-Mike-
http://www.goecities.com/creoreef
Old 10-18-2001, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default He just wanted to make you feel like crap. Alot of cops get off on that.

Tickets like that are CAKE if you go to court. Cops like that ALSO never show to your court date, so you will get it dismissed (thats the rule).

TAKE IT TO COURT.
Old 10-18-2001, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Only will take two trips, one for not-guilty plea and second for "trial"..

it is rare you get to go in knowing you are going to kick his ***.

I would love to do that cross exam:

Now officer dweeb, you are aware certain cars come from the factory with xenon lights correct?

Answer: Yes.

Did you make an inspection to determine if these lights were factory?

Answer: No.

Did you, in fact, make a determination that they were not original equipment prior to writing the ticket?

Answer: Yes.

And how did you do that?

Answer: they looked blue.

Are you aware the VC section you cited is for modified lights?

Answer: yes.

How did you know they were "modified"?

Answer: they were blue.

Please review the pamphlet I just handed you?

that is from Audi correct?

Answer: Appears to be.

And it describes xenon lights?

Appears to.

Please explain to the court why you are such an idiot.
Old 10-18-2001, 03:32 PM

Show them the pamphlet that comes with the car about the lights. It should be no contest..
Old 10-18-2001, 05:34 PM

I got pulled over in Utah for the same thing. Cop looked closer & conceded they were stock.
Old 10-18-2001, 06:57 PM

I'm white and have been pulled over for BS reasons. It isn't always the race factor.
Old 10-19-2001, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Time for a citizen's complaint to a supervisor about citation validity, rudeness, and false arrest.

This is one of the few instances where you can easily demonstrate that the arrest (in theory, this was an arrest) was <i><b>bogus</B></I>, and the Chief can, and should, legally void the ticket immediately via requesting dismissal of the citation from the District Attorney's office.

The officer's supervisor, and his Chief should 'eat crow' for the officer's actions by agreeing with you..... and they won't forget this. The officer's career will take a quick, albeit probably temporary, detour.

Call the Police Department and make an appointment with a 'shift supervisor', 'field operations officer', or 'watch commander'. Bring your car, the factory window sticker, sales brochure and anything you can get from the dealer or 'on-line' from US DOT pertaining these Audi lights. And be calm and rational. You are personally ivolved, but if you make it 'personal', the PD might just let it go to court.

It should be a slam dunk for you! Irvine (CA) P.D. is a first class department, and should quickly realize the error of Officer DipSh!tz ways and give you relief.

Don't take the chance of beating it in court, only to find an ignorant 'hanging' judge presiding.

And if the Irvine PD doesn't sway and void the ticket, you still get to go to court.

<b>But not if you have Euro headlights.</b>

Quick Reply: Ticket for "blue headlights."