S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

V1 to the rescue !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V1 to the rescue !!

driving back from LA to SF today, i was cruising at a steady 75 on the 5. i look in the rear view, and i see a set of xenons approaching rapidly..

i scooch over to the slow lane to let an E55 AMG zip by at a probably 100+, then slam into 3rd from 60 or so.

i catch up to him at around 110-120, and i move into the next lane to start pulling a tad. we approach 135-140 and my V1 starts bleeping..

1 bogey dead ahead

i stuck my arm out of the window to caution him to slow down, and flash my brights a few times..but alas, he continued to push it. i slow to 70, and watch as a CHP officer coming the other way slam on his brakes and flip a b*tch in the grassy highway divider..

i pull behind a semi and let the CHP pass, who already had his lights going...later down the road after cruising at a nice 70 mph again, i catch up to teh E55 who is now pulled over and definately getting a large $$$$$ ticket...least to say he wasnt happy.

story #2 (hardly exciting)

cruising on the 5 still, this old lady in a golf was going 80-82 because i was pacing her. mind you this was a few minutes after the incident with the E55 so i wasnt speeding anymore. a few seconds later BEEP BEEP BEEP, V1 goes off again, so i slow to 70 and move into the slow lane...same thing, copper slams on brakes, U turn in the median, and flies after the poor lady. i did the same motions as with the E55 and i guess she just didnt know what they meant.

third times' the charm-

still on the 5, this was about an hour later...V1 goes off again, this time i watched a minivan who was going 90+ get busted.

MAN, the 5 was swarmed with CHP today...glad i was paying attention

another success story for the V1 hero
Old 02-12-2005, 07:35 PM

Default i know what you mean..I love my V1 and dont miss my Passport 8500

Old 02-12-2005, 08:12 PM

What do you do if a cop pulls you over, and he sees the V1 in your car?
Old 02-12-2005, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default if i ever see a cop coming up behind me, or getting ready to flip around..

i pull it off the window and put it under my seat.

problem solved.

ive been pulled over before and kept the V1 on the window, and they didnt say a thing about it...but i dont want to press my luck, so i take it off every time i see a cop
Old 02-13-2005, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Why bother? It's not illegal to have and use except in VA.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:54 AM
Elder Member

Yeah, I've never take mine down when being pulled over.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I just leave mine sitting on the windsheild.....I do turn it off since it's usually going crazy.....

by the time they pull up behind me.

They've never said anything other than,

"You might want to get a new one of those. It doesn't seem to work too well."

The last time I was pulled over, I was already driving on a ticket (haven't gone to court yet)...the guy was really cool and let me go.

He said, just that, "You need to get a new one of those."

I then explained that if he'd stop using "instant on radar" I wouldn't have a problem. He laughed, knowing exactly what I was talking about. When they sit with their radar off and pop it on and zap you, the only thing ANY radar will do is go full blast on - letting you know you've been nabbed! At that point, all you can do is wait to be pulled over.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Elder Member

"Sorry copper, I'm on my way to ER to perform a surgery on a midget"
Old 02-13-2005, 08:35 AM
ERF
AudiWorld Member

Default Pulling on an E55???

Sounds pretty unlikely if your both at WOT.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LOL - well, the state tropped who paced me at 92 in a 50 wanted to hear nothing of the "doctor".....

thing.

The local guy 2 weeks later was really cool.

He asked me for proof that I was a physician. I gave him my American Academy of Pediatrics ID and he let me go. This was the guy that told me to get a new radar detector.

But, I like the surgery on a midget idea. It incorporates the doctor thing AND midgets. Any excuse involving medical problems with midgets usually evokes a more sympathetic response from the police (in my experience at least).

Quick Reply: V1 to the rescue !!