S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

V1 saved my butt again today! (details inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2000, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V1 saved my butt again today! (details inside)

For those of you that know the south Denver metro area, I was going home on C-470 headed west, and at Sante Fe where it goes down hill steep, a couple of cars pull out of my way and I open it up. Between the highway over pass, the train overpass, and the angle of approach of the west-bound on-ramp, there is a lot of room for the cops to hide on that on-ramp and catch people like me that accelerate down the hill. The only reason that I accelerate there is because since everyone does, people will generally get out of your way, so you can go.

The interesting part is how the V1's direction indicator was useful. In order to see the cop you have to look back to your rear after you have gone well beyond him, which of course is why the cops like these spots. Well, the V1 went off and got loud pretty quickly before I got that far, just as I was passing under the overpass. When it first came on, the indicator pointed to the front, so I figured that the cop was coming toward me, but then within about 5 seconds, I realized that this couldn't be because it was real loud and I couldn't see a copy, then suddenly the indicator went to the side and then immediately to the rear, and I knew where he was without even having to turn my head or look in the rear view mirror. I figured that at that point he might not have been certain what vehicle he was reading, so I slowed down and picked to good spot to switch to the right lane. He caught up to me pretty quickly and then moved over into the right lane behind me. Given that he had moved from his perch specifically because he saw me go by, and that he was following me, I figured that he would probably give me a sitation even if he wasn't able to lock in the reading. But at the exit at Wadsworth, he turned the other way, to the left, perhaps to head back the other way and set up again.

In any case, I feel lucky.
Old 06-29-2000, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Use the force luke...

<p>-Cheng-

Starving S4
Donations Gladly Accepted.