S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Welp, financing is approved. Now I need to get the pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-1999, 09:04 AM
Scot Kight

Default Welp, financing is approved. Now I need to get the pricing

If you dont mind, I would like to collect a list of prices people have paid, or agreed to pay, for their car. I have another month to go, and I am sure quite a few people here are still waiting.

I want to make sure I am getting the best deal, and it might help other people to know what kinda prices are available. But keep in mind, just because one dealer is giving 3k off, dosent mean another dealer will. As we have seen so far many dealers are charging above msrp.

Heishmans (northern virginia) has priced my car at full list, and the nav system is 1280, even though audi information lists it at 1100.. I havent discussed figures with them yet, but I will be doing it in the next few days. And yes, I will be bringing this error up.

Since I have over a month, 4 local dealers, and a few more within an hour or 2 of a drive, I am sure I can get at least 1500 off. Yes yes, they can sell the car to someone else. But that will take more time for the salesperson. More time = less money.

Ok thats my justification. What do you say?

Scot
Old 09-22-1999, 09:31 AM
Scott

Default Rockville Porsche Audi

Give Rockville Porsche Audi a call and see what they have coming in on the next boat. My contact is Bob Brown @ (301) 881-0900. They will work with you on price.
Old 09-22-1999, 10:10 AM
Scot Kight

Default Re: Welp, financing is approved. Now I need to get the pricing

Unfortunately nothing that I want, the ones that are close are already sold. I checked with them before. I am just looking for specifics and real numbers so I dont go in to the dealership looking like a dolt. I want to give my business to heishmans since they took the time to find a car, and change an order for me. But I need to be fair, to both myself, and them. I know they want to make a profit, I just dont want it at my expense :>

If I can get other peoples end result, I can go to heishmans and say "look, other people have paid this, lets just make it the same and I can walk out of here in 10 minutes, knowing I got a good deal, and you can know you got paid,"

BUT I am not going to stay there if they tell me "Thats unheard of, I cannot match that price"

Unfortunately as this is a new car, its hard to tell what is fair yet.
Old 09-22-1999, 11:05 AM
Eric

Default Re: Welp, financing is approved. Now I need to get the pricing

Scot,

As a comparison, Bellavia (sp?) in New York was giving $1000 below MSRP for S4's earlier as posted on their web site. I'm sure that some of those deals are gone, but it is a good place to start the negotiation process. From what I heard and seen, most people are paying straight MSRP for now, but that will change the longer you wait (simple supply and demand). Stick with Heishman's, they support the local chapter of QCUSA heavily and are good people to work with. For the correct prices, I'm sure you know where to look here on the web (kbb.com and edmunds.com, etc.), but go to another dealer and see what they are listing, as well. You got a month, so take your time.

Eric