S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

What have people paid for extended warranties?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What have people paid for extended warranties?

After doing some research I've seen a wide range of prices. They are all transferable exclusionary warranties.
It's for a 2000 S4 with 33,000 and the warranty expires in June. The extended warranty is for 6 year/72k miles total.

Accelwarranty.com $1475
Warranty Gold $2310
Extended Auto Warranty Corp $4000 (6 year/100k)

I was just curious what people have paid for a similar warranty? I'm leaning towards accelwarranty due to price alone and I can't find anything negative to pursuade me otherwise.

Thanks
Old 04-30-2003, 06:13 AM
Banned

I have Accel and am happy....be aware that it does not start till fact warr expires
Old 04-30-2003, 06:16 AM
LCP
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You're getting really screwed on that Extended Auto Warranty Corp quote...

...I paid about 40% of that for a 4/48k (added onto my 3/50k factory) listed items plan from them 8 months ago, and remember that their all-inclusive warranty was similarly priced to Warranty Gold. Might want to make sure this 6/100k quote is not from the date you buy the warranty -- it might be given its price.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:30 AM

Default This is the one I have... I will be using it for the first time Friday for temp sensor replacement

I think I paid 1600.<ul><li><a href="http://auto-warranties.net/index.php3">http://auto-warranties.net/index.php3</a</li></ul>
Old 04-30-2003, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have Accel, my thoughts:

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I haven't actually filed a claim through them yet, so I can't tell you about that. But I joined them about 4 months ago with 48k miles, and signed up for the 5yr/100k plan for $1550, or thereabouts. They are insured by Heritage insurance company, which I've only read good things about. They also let you finance (with no interest) your entire purchase price over 18 months, equal payments, nothing due at signup. If you're still under warranty (which you are), they do not make you get it inspected. Billing is convenient too, you can simply call them up and put it on your credit card if you wish. It was unbelievably easy too, they had my number from callerID, and my CC # on file, so they just asked if i wanted it put on the card on file, I said yes, done! They do cover turbos (I've confirmed) and the exclusionary policy mentions nothing about pressure plates So I'm hoping when it comes time for clutch replacement, they will at least cover that (and with associated labor, i'll likely only have to pay the parts cost of the clutch). Hopefully they don't consider both to be one unit, but this is possible. I've been nothing but pleased with them so far, and the woman on the phone, Terry, is very nice. Good luck with your decision.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default $3 bigs for Warranty Gold platinum, zero deductible, 100k miles (total)

And roadside assistance. I think the zero deduct added $100. Otherwise deductible was $50. It covers just about everything. The one below was the min I'd go, since it included things like ABS and several other items. For a couple of hundred more I decided to go platinum, which includes things like factory stereo, and some other things.

I figured, if I didn't have more than one warranty visit, then why the hell would I buy the warranty anyway.

And I've had way more than $3000 in warranty work done so far. I haven't gone 8k miles without something needing to be done. It's in the shop right now for the fifth Bose head unit, bad speaker, bad tie rods or something, malfunctioning sunroof sensor, etc.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:55 PM

I am going with Accel as well. I've heard good things and their cheaper then everyone else.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:49 PM

Warranty Gold Diamond Plan 7 yr / 100k ..... zero deductible ... $2893
Old 05-01-2003, 07:42 AM

Default Re: What have people paid for extended warranties?

Hey guys make sure these companies cover twin turbos. You need to get he supervisor on the phone and ask them specifically to them if they do. Remember we drive the best cars in the market we only deserve the best.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:56 AM

Default Accel warranty has only been in business a little bit over 2 years

how do you expect for them to stay in buisness with prices so low. One of two will happen they will either be out of business or they will not pay our claims. I my audi has twin turbos it will cost much more than a couple grand to fix. To me doesn't make sense

Quick Reply: What have people paid for extended warranties?